Thread: LASONiC HV-670 DivX DVD Player With 3.5" Removable 250GB HDD

Ya, I'm full of it.
    This is on Newegg.com for $229. It seems like an incredible deal. This is exactly what I am looking for, but I'd like to know if anyone has one and if it lives up to it's billing. Here are the specs from Newegg's site:

Connectors: Coaxial Digital and Optical Audio Output S-Video and Component Video Output

Decoder: Region 1, DTS, Dolby Digital

Dimensions & Weight: 16.5" x 2.2" x 10.1"

Features: Easy Edit and Storage for your Personal Home Video by PC, Play Audio/Video/Picture Files on your Hard Drive To Your TV Certificated by DivX, Smooth Play on All DivX Files Compatible with NTSC/PAL TV System

HDD Capacity: External 3.5" Removable 250GB Hard Disk Driver USB2.0

Playback Formats: DivX (Version 3.11/4/5/5.1)/MPEG-4/DivX/XviD/Full DVD/CD/VCD/SVCD/CD/ DVD+RW/DVD-RW/CD-RW/CVC+RW/ JPEG Picture CD Playback

Type: HDD Recorder + DVD Player

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Never seen one but here is a link to the product at newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882133001

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think its location under DVD Recorders is a bit misleading.

It isn't a recorder itself. If you want to do any recording, you have to do that on the PC, then copy them to the HDD via USB. Once on the HDD you can play them in this player.

Maybe that's why it seems an incredible deal. Are you still sure it's what you are looking for?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ya, I'm full of it.

Smile

Lynx,
    You are absolutely right that it is misleading having it listed as a "hard drive recorder". Until I read your reply I assumed that it did record to the hard drive. I looked at the specs much closer and have to admit I missed that. Good catch!

It still seems like a decent value, in spite of it's limitations. I guess I have to make up my mind whether to get this or go with a basic player that plays Divx. They are only about $45. Having the ability to play directly from a hard drive does have some advantages though.