Thread: Need help with .ogm movie files

Ok I just recently finished dling Nadesico. Ogm files and tried to play it on old versions of BS player, Media Classic and Div X won't work and it won't play.

Using an older version of Gspot, it detected that I have 2 compatible video codecs installed and I'm missing an audio codec. Shouldn't that mean I could play the movies and just not have sound instead of not being able to play the movies at all?

Right now I'm dling the Mega Codec Pack, will it overwrite my old K-Lite Codec Pack files or will it double it increasing memory consumption?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    uninstall codecpacks before updating is always best.

there is no difference in codecs for ogm between the mega or the normal pack.

just make sure you have the latest version.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yeah it fixed that. Uh oh, I installed the codec packs without removing the old one. Any possible bugs or errors that I might get from doing this?
    Last edited by Eclectic_Loner; 08-13-2005 at 04:09 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic_Loner
    Yeah it fixed that. Uh oh, I installed the codec packs without removing the old one. Any possible bugs or errors that I might get from doing this?
    possible.

uninstall both and do a clean install

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hi! I have a file that has the extention .ogm, how can I open this file? The Windows Media can't open it. Is theie any application or software that can extract these files? Please help me

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Install the K-Lite Codec Pack.