Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I have just installed the latest offering from red hat and im very impressed.

It did take a while about 45 mins but I basically got a system that is completly configured including all hardware, network and internet access.

I have found linux to be a real pain for modems and other hardware in the past but It seems that it is getting better.

The bluecurve desktop is very clean and wonderfully designed.

I was also amazed at the update process, before i even got to see a desktop i was prompted to install all the latest versions of the software I picked to install.

Go get it now for the bargain price of Nothing. I cant believe this product is completly free.

linuxiso

Respect going out to all the people who have put there time, effort and skills to good use.

This is highly recommended for first time linux users.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    im not familiar with linux which do you thinik is the better one

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i used virtual pc to install redhat. It's nice

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what are the different versions all about i586 and ppc i dont know much about linux and would like to know more

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    most operating systems are designed to run under just one type of processor.
    Linux has been ported to work on many different cpu's.

your home computer which is a x86 is just one of many. sparc, ppc and alpha are just a few.

you really want the 586 version if you have a new processor.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    well i have a old one its amd athlon 900mhz what do you reccomend i should get

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i've always wanted to try linux... but don't you need to know all kinds of coding? (thats why i havn't tried it yet&#33

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    B) actuallly i dont want 2 give dam site ......

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hThungerGod Posted on 13 April 2003 - 22:10
      actuallly i dont want 2 give dam site ......
    what's that supposed to mean?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    kenl
    you dont need to know coding.. you may need to understand it to hav a easy life running any *inux os. since you will need to compile programs to get them to run and things... but the basic "redhat" installation is automated after you choose what you need to be installed. you wouldnt find everything perfectly configured. so you will need to take your time to fiddle around (getting used to). knowing how to code is a PLUS ...

cheers

and shhh *dont tell microsoft that *inux runs so much stable and its FREE!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast