Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sata Hard Drive Installation HELP!!

any one have any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    so i changed the cable to a yellow SATA cable and it found the hd, it installed windows the setup stuff necessary to the computer and then it restarted u know the blue screen, it restarted and now it has to somehow boot into the hard drive any ideas how to boot into the hard drive so it can finish the rest of the setup

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    FINISHED ==> Spent 1 hr on SATA cable, first i connected the yellow cable, then i saw a red one in a manual and so I changed it, it was the yellow SATA cable =/

SECOND ==> Spent 3 hrs, Had to disable all the RAID stuff, cause it kept booting the RAID stuff then it worked, hardware took 2-3 hrs only =/ everything works now

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    For future reference, the problem was as follows:

The board has 2 SATA interfaces, the first (red) is included in the NF4 chipset and has drivers natively supported by XP. The other (yellow) has a SiI3114 chip which is not natively supported by XP.

However, the SATA interface included in the NF4 chipset is not supported when it is used in raid mode, which is why you needed to disable raid.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12