Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Working On A New Drug....kinda

dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I am working on making 'pot' pills. Basically THC pills, and I was wondering if anyone could come up with better ways to do this. Here are our ideas.

1. Boil an ounce in a pan with just enough water to cover them. (to extract the THC)

2. Then put that into a pan and bake it to evaporite the water.
    or
    2. Then put that into a food dehydrator to evaporite the water

3. Then put the remains in to the empty gel caps.

Another idea was
    1. Put pot in empty gel cap
    2. Put some sort of digestive enzyme in a second pill
    3. Take the pills together. (this will digest the pot faster, so you will feel it more, and faster)

We (some friends) had arguments about what it takes to get high off pot. They said you need to bake it to extract the THC. I said that you don't need to bake it because you digest everything, you don't need to extract the THC. They said that maybe your stomach can't digest the regular pot leaves, and that is why you need to extract it.

ANY IDEAS?

(Just in case anyone is wondering why we want to make it. It would be nice for long car rides with your parents, It would be nice if you are going to school, you can just pop a pill at a bathroom break. It would be nice if you are at a place where you don't want to be and you can't leave.)
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

2. Lounge   -   #2
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    It allready excists in pill form, it can help to get rid of pains (medical treatment)
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

3. Lounge   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 00:04

(Just in case anyone is wondering why we want to make it. It would be nice for long car rides with your parents, It would be nice if you are going to school, you can just pop a pill at a bathroom break. It would be nice if you are at a place where you don't want to be and you can't leave.)
    Both of your "scientific" methods are likely to result in the waste of a perfectly good bag of weed. We are going through a recession so this is definately NOT a "good thing".

If these are your reasons for wanting to make such a pill, may I suggest...

1. Try offering Mom and Dad a hit off your joint. Do you think they enjoy long car trips with YOU?

2. Drop out of school. Why waste your youth being places you don't want to be?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by dwightfry@13 April 2003 - 00:04
    I am working on making 'pot' pills. Basically THC pills, and I was wondering if anyone could come up with better ways to do this. Here are our ideas.

1. Boil an ounce in a pan with just enough water to cover them. (to extract the THC)

2. Then put that into a pan and bake it to evaporite the water.
    or
    2. Then put that into a food dehydrator to evaporite the water

3. Then put the remains in to the empty gel caps.

Another idea was
    1. Put pot in empty gel cap
    2. Put some sort of digestive enzyme in a second pill
    3. Take the pills together. (this will digest the pot faster, so you will feel it more, and faster)

We (some friends) had arguments about what it takes to get high off pot. They said you need to bake it to extract the THC. I said that you don't need to bake it because you digest everything, you don't need to extract the THC. They said that maybe your stomach can't digest the regular pot leaves, and that is why you need to extract it.

ANY IDEAS?

I'm not a chemist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or I play one on TV (for my old school homies)

Look at what you are doing, it is not going to work.

When you extract, you want to target molecule(THC) to dissolve into the solvent (the water). All you are doing is boiling, then drying the leaf. So at best you are denaturing the active molecule with the heat and then dehydrating(removing water) the leaf. So you have accomplished nothing.

Possibly you may cause the cell walls to breakdown with the heat, then the THC will leak from the cells into the water. As you bake the water away you will cook the THC onto the baking pan. The pot leaves remaining now are devoid of THC and you have wasted your sample completely.

You need to understand that organic molecules are not water soluble, but rather lipid soluble. Be thankful for this property of our cell membranes and complex molecules, as you would dissolve taking a shower. That would suck!.

An oil (lipid) based solvent is what you need, but I can't help you any more than that.

The key to getting "high" is the rate of change of THC in the blood.

Andean Indians got a mild "buzz" off coca leaves containing cocaine. The chewing of the leaves physically disrupted the membranes and allowed release of the cocaine (Remember, you can not digest plant cell walls- eat some corn and see what I mean). It was then absorbed slowly over time by the stomach, giving minimal effect. Over the years we have figured out how to purify the active chemical to get higher concentrations. Next we learned that the lungs got the drug to the blood much faster than the stomach, so we found ways to smoke it. Then we learned to modify the chemical to make it more lipid soluble. Each step producing a new level of feeling "high".

The "we" is mankind, not me.

At any rate, gastric absorbtion via pills will never give you the same "high" as smoking, so I think you are doomed to failure. This is also why patients are allowed to smoke pot for the pain, it works better.

Theoretically, you would get drunk on beer quicker by aspirating it, but there might be some adverse side effects to that. (asphixiation).

So, I recommend that you get electrodes implanted into your brain that stimulate your pleasure center, and flip the switch to the ON postion when traveling with your parents.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 03:03

So, I recommend that you get electrodes implanted into your brain that stimlate your pleasure center, and flip the switch to the ON postion when traveling with your parents.
    I just had that done at the Canadian Apology Center!

It works GGGRRRREAT!

( As to the rest of your post... you sound like you have an excellent grounding in the sciences. However, I think that was more information than Dwightfry wanted to know...)

6. Lounge   -   #6
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    oo oo. i got an idea! stop supporting terrorism.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Copied from erowid vault, seems a rather simple extraction, so I can't vouch for how well it preserves the active chemicals but...here ya go

One may extract the active ingredients from marijuana using alcohol and then use this tincture to make a potent drink. The highest proof alcohol available should be used, preferably 190 proof grain alcohol, since the water in the alcohol will dissolve other chemicals in the marijuana that one wishes to avoid. Some suggest soaking the grass in warm water for a period to remove those chemicals but that presents a whole host of other and is not really recommended. One may simply place the marijuana into a bottle of grain alcohol and let the canabanoids leach out, but this takes 2-3 weeks of time. A faster method is to heat the alcohol to sub-boiling and stir in the marijuana. Great deal of care should be taken if this method is chosen as the alcohol is highly flammable. The resulting tincture, often called "Green Dragon", is a light to emerald green liquid, which can be drunk straight, but this is not recommended. Highly lauded is a drink of 3 parts lemon lime soda, 1 part green dragon and a dollop of honey served over ice.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Have you guys never eaten hash (solids), or put it in a cup of tea? It takes much longer to kick in but really hits you when it does. Surely this does the same thing, only without the need for science and the need to feel like you are taking chemicals with a pill?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Originally posted by kAb@13 April 2003 - 03:18
    oo oo. i got an idea! stop supporting terrorism.
    You know, that really is true.

You may be thinking about your little bag of green, without thinking of the bigger picture. Where it comes, how it gets here, etc.

In a very sombering nutshell, you are killing people every time you buy an illegal drug. And your money goes indirectly to drug lords that hold their respective countries for ransom.

If you would like a platitude: "Think globally, act locally".

Hobbes doesn't do illegal drugs, but then again not many rabbits do.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by hobbes@13 April 2003 - 03:39

If you would like a platitude: "Think globally, act locally".

Hobbes doesn't do illegal drugs, but then again not many rabbits do.
    How about this platitude...

"Grow locally, consume locally"?

Explain the pink eyes then, bucko.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast