Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firefox Hits 80,000,000 Downloads

Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Firefox pwns all. Anyone who says they were using tabbed browsing before Firefox came along is a liar.

Hopefully Firefox's market share will grow to a point where the average computer user will realise there are more browsers around than the POS packaged with Windows.

There is a downside to this. The more people who use it the more hackers and virus writers will attempt to attack Firefox. They only go after IE as it's pretty much what ever body who isn't tech-savy uses. You install Windows and IE is there, you dont think twice about it unless ofcourse you've heard about others. If one day Firefox has say 70% of the market share, it might come a point when IE would be slightly "safer" just because no one is attempting to attack it.

It's the same with linux & MAC, there far safer from attackers, not because they have better secruity, it's because no one will bother attacking a computer market that has about 12 people using it.

BTW I love the smell of freshly pwned Busyman
    Last edited by Peerzy; 08-16-2005 at 03:40 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Firefox pwns all. Anyone who says they were using tabbed browsing before Firefox came along is a liar.

Hopefully Firefox's market share will grow to a point where the average computer user will realise there are more browsers around than the POS packaged with Windows.

There is a downside to this. The more people who use it the more hackers and virus writers will attempt to attack Firefox. They only go after IE as it's pretty much what ever body who isn't tech-savy uses. You install Windows and IE is there, you dont think twice about it unless ofcourse you've heard about others. If one day Firefox has say 70% of the market share, it might come a point when IE would be slightly "safer" just because no one is attempting to attack it.

It's the same with linux & MAC, there far safer from attackers, not because they have better secruity, it's because no one will bother attacking a computer market that has about 12 people using it.

BTW I love the smell of freshly pwned Busyman
    ....and if you all keep saying it, it may one day be true.

Too bad it was CaptainObvious that many folks (including on this forum) have used tabbed browsers well before FireFox. With HAS to be fuckin' around.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. News (Archive)   -   #23
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    True, although I have a feeling that FF will still be safer. Microsoft aren't exactly known for their speedy fixes for security holes in their software. Mozilla Foundation release their fixes quicker, and though MS' policy may change in the future, I doubt MoFo's will.
    Sage goes in the signature field.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123