Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewish settlers leaving the Gaza strip?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I, for one, was looking closely at the acceptance of the European Constitution. Too bad it didn't work out.....for now.

The acceptance would have given Europe, as a unit, more economic might than the US. From there, military and political might ain't far behind.
    What makes you think other people want the same sort of mentalist "military might" that the USA wants.
    I never gave it thought as to what "other people want". What gave you that impression? The "too bad" comment was CaptainObvious tongue and cheek.

As to "political might" what do you mean by that. The only thing I can think of is the ability to impose your own political views on other people (because internally "political might" makes little sense).
    Uniformity as one unit, in dealing with other countries. If a decision is made, it's made by Europe and not splintered.
    So what you are left with is a huge military machine, which enables you to impose your political views on other countries, whilst at the same time being unable to provide things like free medical cover for your own people ... oh right, sorry over to you.
    Mmmk. That's for the European countries to decide and they seem to have made a decision......for the most part.
    Where'd you get the "impose your political views" from? That happens everyday in every country. Who said you had to impose anything?

edit: to add to that....other caveats aside, who the hell doesn't want a strong military? I personally don't like a strong military at the expense of other things. However, any military is budgeted against those "other things".....even good ole Britain's fighter jets.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-23-2005 at 09:06 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    What the feck is "tongue and cheek".

I'd love to read the rest, but that gave me a bad case of "why bother".

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Where exactly does this selective determination of who actually has the right to thus and such land come from?

Hell, none of us lives on land we can claim according to any or every standard which can be laid...

If some entity with a rooting interest in Palestinian dominance cares to, let them provide entree to whatever is necessary for them to take the land by force, just like we've done for Israel.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    What the feck is "tongue and cheek".

I'd love to read the rest, but that gave me a bad case of "why bother".
    What the fuck did you make comment in the first place for?

What makes you think other people want the same sort of mentalist "military might" that the USA wants
    The above was a dumbass question. I didn't say "other people wanted the military might." You did.

I also didn't make the allusion "they" wanted anything like the US.

Maybe you can have a point the next time you post.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    If some entity with a rooting interest in Palestinian dominance cares to, let them provide entree to whatever is necessary for them to take the land by force, just like we've done for Israel.
    Careful kev, that can be construed as anti-semetic.

Mentioning that Israel has the land by right of arms, without the necessary right of God...

That implies that Israel is the agressor..can't have that now
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 08-23-2005 at 10:47 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Careful kev, that can be construed as anti-semetic.
    Or anti-semitic, which is if anything worse.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    The above was a dumbass question. I didn't say "other people wanted the military might." You did.
    No I didn't, I enquired as to why you thought they might.

"What makes you think other people want the same sort of mentalist "military might" that the USA wants."

The clue is in the words and the order in which they are organised. I had assumed you knew how that worked.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38

"What makes you think other people want the same sort of mentalist "military might" that the USA wants."

The clue is in the words and the order in which they are organised. I had assumed you knew how that worked.
    Bullshit.

You made assumptions that were wrong.

Nice try to save it though.

The quotes and the make up of the sentence after the word "military".....screwed it up for ya.

Still though, I never said I thought they might have wanted anything.

I have not been J'ismed.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-23-2005 at 11:24 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39

Bullshit.

You made assumptions that were wrong.

Nice try to save it though.

The quotes and the make up of the sentence after the word "military".....screwed it up for ya.

I have not been J'ismed.
    The sad thing is that you probably believe that.

You suggested that becoming more like the USA was something that the EU may wish to do.

It really isn't.

Most of us find your politics, your "I'm alright Jack" attitude and your cultural / political imperialism to be an anachronism. It is the equivelant of the troglodyte in the playground dominating the other children because of his superior physical strength.

We look at you and it saddens us, to see large sections of your people unable to get basic healthcare, because the money is being spent on weapons. We marvel at the fact that you see Hollywood films as being culturally significant. We are appalled that your sportsmen find it easier to get an education than people who are intellectually capable. They can have their education paid for them, on the basis that they are good at throwing a ball. Whilst someone else, who is just good at thinking has to get a low paid job, because their parents cannot afford it.

It really is a fecked up system and it is not something that the EU aspires to.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Most of us find your politics, your "I'm alright Jack" attitude and your cultural / political imperialism to be an anachronism. It is the equivelant of the troglodyte in the playground dominating the other children because of his superior physical strength.

We look at you and it saddens us, to see large sections of your people unable to get basic healthcare, because the money is being spent on weapons. We marvel at the fact that you see Hollywood films as being culturally significant. We are appalled that your sportsmen find it easier to get an education than people who are intellectually capable. They can have their education paid for them, on the basis that they are good at throwing a ball. Whilst someone else, who is just good at thinking has to get a low paid job, because their parents cannot afford it.

It really is a fecked up system and it is not something that the EU aspires to.

On the plus side though... the US makes much better burgers than us. We really must get the recipe..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast