Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Don't Get It. What Am I Doing Wrong?

I haven't been given any advice. All I've been given is insults, since the beginning.

The first thing I did was read the FAQ. In fact I mentioned that in my first post. It-didn't-help. I mentioned that I've gone to other tip threads and that those tips didn't-work. So I asked for help.

As far as I know, the only thing I did wrong was dare to put this post in the wrong forum. Was that worth all the attacks.

You guys are just toooooo cool for words.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Originally posted by Davidol@13 April 2003 - 04:52
    I haven't been given any advice. All I've been given is insults, since the beginning.

I said 'whatever'. So what? It's a word. It's my response for being told 'read an Faq and stop bothering us' when the first thing I did was read an faq.

So, is that how you treat all the new users here, all you cool people. Fine.
    I dont recall anyone saying you should not bother us...

You did not say you had read the manual...this is always the first step...

I am pretty new, and never had a problem with anyone....maybe you should ask the question again and someone will try and help you...but first you need to spell out what you have tried so that you dont get told to do what you have already done.......

be nice...be more detailled and people will be nice too...its simple as that!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    ...Right

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by Davidol@13 April 2003 - 04:58
    ...Right
    You see.....this is an attitude.....and it just pisses people off....not exactly the way to make friends and influence people is it?

Just chill out.....

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Davidol@13 April 2003 - 04:58
    ...Right
    You see! this is not exactly the way to make friends and influence people is it?

Chill out!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Oooops!!! lol

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    You're pissed off...at only one word...and I should chill out?

Okay.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    It takes more than just a word...all be it with attitude to piss me off....all I am saying is that with a little less 'attitude' and a little more friendliness..you are more likely to get a positive response....

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by Davidol+13 April 2003 - 04:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Davidol @ 13 April 2003 - 04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>How was I being arrogant? All I did was ask for help. I didn&#39;t ask for this. If you didn&#39;t want to help me, you didn&#39;t have to say anything. If you ask me, you&#39;re the ones being arrogant.[/b]

Yah, you asked for help in the Tips section....... You had 3 different sections you could post at, Questions, Problems, or maybe Connection Problems would be closer.

<!--QuoteBegin--Davidol
    @13 April 2003 - 04:52
    I mentioned that I&#39;ve gone to other tip threads and that those tips didn&#39;t-work. So I asked for help.[/quote]
    There is nothing wrong with asking for help. If you read 10 threads down, you could see a really good thread, Nead Trick That Gave My Downloads A Boost&#33;

If you just ended it there and just said, oops, you could still have your dignity. Good job&#33;

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Somebody LOCK & MOVE this thread&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12