Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading At Below Zero

Is this becuse their conection is that slow or are the just keeping to many slots open? Or is it just me who get a list whit 20 user that looks like this
    and so on, this is very anoying, is their a remedy like som prog that will let me download from users that will give me, let say a least 5.00?

How many files are you shareing? I'm curious, Shareing 3428files at the moment (alot of crap some good). And at last do anyone know if there is a good copy of Daredevil on kazaa, if so what do i search for? thx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Yep most of the bellow 1kbs are dilleups...
    With K++ or more often Kazaa set to unlimited uploads…
    When they should set there upload slot:-

56kbs - 1 UL
    125kbs - 2 UL
    600kbs - 4 UL
    1 Meg - 9 UL

Can vary deepens on the files you are sharing…

Don’t forget as you may have read you can only download as fast as an Up Load speed…
    In my case I have an NTL 600kbs UL of 120 ish so I have 3 slots open most user get around 12kbs as File sharing program will only use 10% of you band with any way…

I share any thing up to 1000 files I only have a 40gig HD need a new one…

What is your connection and K++ settings?

Regards
    SAS

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie! we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.

I pay for extra bandwidth and so should they if they want free stuff. And with satilite now, you cant give me the reason that it is not availible in your area.

edit
    Downloading At Below Zero
    Under zero is negative. You should have said, under 1.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Kylman5000 you spot on mate...
    But I am sure that this posting is about to turn ugly now the poor dialup are egoing to type like creasy to have there say, I have had this before with Online gaming…
    One user insisted he could play online and not lag lol not funny XXXX dialups..

I apologies if you have dialup and you can’t get Broadband in your area yet…

Regards
    SAS

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I am not quite sure about my connection but the fastes I can get a download to go is 80.00kb/s and my k++ settings are uploads 4, set
    to optimal bandwhit use when comp is ideal, downloading 3 files at the time.
    I apologies if you have dialup and you can’t get Broadband in your area yet…
    I live in a VERY small country town in Norway B) , anyone can get it, it's 2003 evrything is wireless an shit.

I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie! we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.
    I tought about that too, good idea kylman5000, and yeah below zero is kind of stupid ha

Peace
    TrIpMiX

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i got mine set yo 8.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Seems a bit harsh, not to allow people with 56k connections to share. Just a bit elitist if you ask me.

I am lucky enough to have a cable connection, but then I make my own decisions and can aford it. There are people who either cannot get it, or cannot justify the expense.

There are others, perhaps living with parents, who don't have the choice and either their parents won't get it or again cannot afford it.

I am quite happy for people with a slower connection to share files with me. I would rather have them than a fast leech any day.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Some of us are on a fast connection, and for some reason people keep aborting their downloads, in theory they should go at a reasonable rate, but it might be cause im on a uni connection and its a bit funny about letting people on the outside in. So its not just people on dial up and some people do have problems, they arent doing it on purpose!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 02:34
    I completely disagree with you on that

Who cares really? with multi sourced downloading, every little bit helps you get your file, so why does it matter?

Sure, when you download a file it would be nice to see if that user is dialup or cable (like winmx has), but the ping rates give you a decent idea of that even

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by phalkon30+14 April 2003 - 07:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (phalkon30 @ 14 April 2003 - 07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 02:34
    I think all dial-ups should not share, and just let us do it. Because the way i see it, it just wastes my download bandwidth to download at .05kb/s of a 700mb movie&#33; we should have a kazupernode only for people of high bandwidth.
    I completely disagree with you on that

Who cares really? with multi sourced downloading, every little bit helps you get your file, so why does it matter?

Sure, when you download a file it would be nice to see if that user is dialup or cable (like winmx has), but the ping rates give you a decent idea of that even [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t like seeing multiple below 1&#39;s either, but again as stated here, who cares.
    As a former 56ker my ul was 1, now on cable at least 5 or more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast