Thread: Members' Hints & Solutions

if anyone have something that they would want to share to all the members in this forum then let it out here.

-Tricks
    -Hints
    -Solutions
    -Anything useful

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ok, here ya go:

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami (R.I.P.) & modified by The_Great_Dude (R.I.P.)+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tip By: Shinigami (R.I.P.) & modified by The_Great_Dude (R.I.P.))</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Tip on Kazaa Lite [K++ Edition]
    K++ System Basics:

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it&#39;s a first come, first serve at that point.)
    If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
    (If not you&#39;ll get the status "remotely queued")
    Make sure you setted up you&#39;re firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow&#33;
    More sources usually = better speed
    Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
    Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.

You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
    Verifieds does not mean it&#39;ll always start right away&#33; It&#39;s just used to increase the chance of finding the right file.
    Try pausing and resuming the file.
    Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.

PATIENCE&#33;
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK&#33; :-)
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
    Also, I&#39;m not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
    I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

[/b]

Originally posted by By Datamore:+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (By Datamore</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    A .bin file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
    A file type similar to .bin is .iso.
    These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .bin or the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won&#39;t be enough, so you&#39;ll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
    You&#39;ll need the .cue files to burn the .bin files, but don&#39;t worry if you don&#39;t have them. You can also burn them without the cues.
    If you&#39;re going to burn a .bin file make sure both the .bin and the .cue are in the same directory.
    I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
    First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
    Then open up Nero.
    Go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image...&#39;
    Choose the .cue file that corresponds to the .bin file you want to burn, and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t have the .cue files, go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image&#39;, choose the .bin file (not the .cue) and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    A window will popup saying &#39;Foreign image settings&#39;
    Make sure the &#39;Type of Image&#39; is &#39;Data Mode 1&#39; and the &#39;Raw data&#39; box is checked.
    Click on &#39;OK&#39;, choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

http://www.winiso.com
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    http://www.daemon-tools.org/main.htm

[/b]

Originally posted by -Shinigami (R.I.P.)

Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie.&nbsp; Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info.&nbsp; If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.&nbsp; It could also be a different movie.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too.&nbsp; Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie.&nbsp; A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake.&nbsp;

Check the file size of the movie.&nbsp; Make sure its reasonable.&nbsp; Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.

Check the hashes in the verifieds.&nbsp; That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality.&nbsp; Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

The idea of verified files is so that you know they exist. The Sig2Dat hashes are just a way to help get you started on the download. You still have to search for them. Kazaa constantly searches while you are downloading for more users. Searching manually just helps speed up that process.&nbsp; Running a type of speed-up (Sharemonkey or KaZap) will help Kazaa try and connect to the sources you find.

Originally posted by -DataMore
    Instead of posting the normal way that looks like this:

File:sig2dat.exe
    Length:54272 Bytes,53KB
    UUHash:=5J4NI7fleAT2wOootCOp3v8r//8=

you should post the HTML hybrid way, that is much better and easier to download since it is also a quicklink that can be downloaded with a simple click.
    It will look like this:

File:sig2dat.exe
    Length:54272 Bytes,53KB
    UUHash:=5J4NI7fleAT2wOootCOp3v8r//8=

How to do it:

1) Start Sig2Dat.
    2) Click on &#39;Signature Calculation&#39;.
    3) Select the following hybrid style:

4) Click on &#39;Select File(s) for Calculation&#39;.
    5) Choose the verified files and click Open.
    6) The signature calculations will show up in the white window. Select the ones you want (hold the Shift or the Control key to choose more than one signature calculation at the same time).
    7) Click on &#39;Copy Selection to Clipboard&#39;.
    8) Create a new topic in the verifieds section. Please use a subject that describes the contents of your post.
    9) Paste the signature calculation(s) into the message area of the topic you are about to post. You can press [Ctrl] + [v] or use the context menu (right-click on the message area and click &#39;Paste&#39.
    10) You should see something like this:

Code:
    File&#58;&#60;a href=&#34;sig2dat&#58;///|File&#58;sig2dat.exe|Length&#58;54272 Bytes,53KB|UUHash&#58;=5J4NI7fleAT2wOootCOp3v8r//8=|&#34;&#62;sig2dat.exe&#60;/a&#62;
    Length&#58;54272 Bytes,53KB
    UUHash&#58;=5J4NI7fleAT2wOootCOp3v8r//8=
    11) It looks weird but don&#39;t worry. When you post it, it will show up correctly.
    12) You can add some more information about your post or just submit your topic.
    Also an alternative to select more files, drag and drop. Drag your files into the the Signature Calculation window and it calculates it for you.
    Originally posted by -By The_Great_Dude (R.I.P.)

Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
    click OK, go back to your iso (or other file), right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe (or other extension, i.e., .dat) replace with .iso (or the extension it should be).
    Now it should show up.
    Originally posted by -By The_Great_Dude (R.I.P.)

Tip for avoiding Multiple Posts and being&nbsp; yelled at :

1. When you post and find something like "page not found" or "cannot find", don&#39;t refresh or press the back button and repost just yet.
    2. Go back to the area you are about to post, now check to see if your topic or reply is already there. If it is there, then you don&#39;t have to do anything.
    3. If your topic or reply is not there, and you typed something really long, you could press back to the posting page with what you were about post. Copy that and paste it next time you post your topic or reply.
    Originally posted by -By Datamoremodified by Shinigami (R.I.P.))

An .iso file is a CD image. That means that a whole CD was copied into just one big file.
    These files are meant to be burned onto CDs in order to get an exact copy of the CD from where the .iso file was created (some CDs have copy protections and the image burning won&#39;t be enough, so you&#39;ll be given a crack too, to run the game or application).
    I recommend using Nero to burn the CD images.
    First of all, use CDmage and check the image file for errors.
    Then open up Nero.
    Go to &#39;File&#39; > &#39;Burn Image...&#39;
    Choose the .iso file you want to burn, and click on &#39;Open&#39;.
    Choose the burning options and burn the CD.

If you don&#39;t want to burn the files you can always use virtual drives to emulate a CD drive (Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% are the best), mount the image files, install the game and run it. All of this from your hard drive.

You can also try a program like WinISO or IsoBuster to extract the files from the .bin or. iso and run the files from your harddrive.

http://www.winiso.com
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    http://www.daemon-tools.org/main.htm
    Originally posted by -kAb

Getting movies off the net:
    (Only confirmed for WMP9)

For those who don&#39;t know...

Go to foxnews.com or a site which allows you to see videos (unlike CNN where you are required to pay, unless you have the superpass hack)

open the movie.

then go to your "temporary internet files" file, and find the video. usually it is easy to find as you probably have a different movie viewer as your default movie viewer, and therefore it is the icon. it is not usually however, obviously shown like "BUSH SPEECH". it will often be like: 127836bushpress44 or something.

open the movie. go to file, "save media as"(or "save as") and save it to your kazaa shared folder.

when it is done saving you can go and rename it to an actual name of the movie. you&#39;re set :-)
    &nbsp; &nbsp;
    This will work with WMP9, i&#39;m not sure about realplayer etc.
    This works only on sites that you know give you the full clip, and for people who don&#39;t want to search the web for it, they can find it on kazaa. for example. the last few minutes of the columbia audio file before it disintegrated. i went to a site which had it. and followed the procedure above to get it onto kazaa where others could listen to it without having to search the web for it.
    Originally posted by -Shinigami (R.I.P.)
    Changing Details (yellow description box):
    Open up Kazaa Lite>My Kazaa Lite (next to Theater)>Locate your file>right-click>modify then change what you want&#33;&nbsp;
    Originally posted by -The_Great_Dude (R.I.P.)

How to turn privacy on or off in the registry:
    Click Start, run, type regedit.
    Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER&#092;Software&#092;K++ or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE&#092;SOFTWARE&#092;K++
    Find the key No.files, right click, click modify.
    In the Base area, make sure decimal is clicked. Now change the value to 1 or 0.
    1 for on and 0 for off. Privacy thing only hides all your files from being seen,
    but people can still upload from you.
    Originally posted by -Rocko
    Some bad Antivirus software report kpp.exe as a virus, update your virus definition,
    if that don&#39;t work send kpp.exe to the antvirus maker to get a new definition that don&#39;t report kpp.exe as a virus.

Rocko
    <!--QuoteBegin--Shinigami (R.I.P.)
    @

Ok, think of it as this.&nbsp; ASM is your imaginary friend where it will use its own imaginary mouse and will click the "search more" button for you.&nbsp; Everytime the search stops, your imaginary friend will keep clicking "search more" until you tell it to stop.&nbsp; It disconnects and reconnects because you&#39;ve overloaded the SuperNode with your constant searching so that SN kicks you off and you connect to a new one.

Btw, it’s ASM is also a bandwidth hog. :-)
    [/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin--Shinigami (R.I.P.)

which is above all the others & near the middle, always says "KaZap disabled&#33; Switch to Traffic Tab&#33;" unless I&#39;m in the traffic window.
    Just means what it says. KaZap is a type of Speed-up (like fasttrack or sharemonkey or pTrack) but with more options.

The far left one says K-Lite Master (1000) and shows the current number of uploads and downloads for me
    That is your participation level. The theory is that the more you upload, the higher the PL. It isn&#39;t true though. Don&#39;t worry about it. The PL system is utter crap. The other status&#39;s that relate yo your PL are Low, Medium, High, Guru, Deity and K-Lite Master (Supreme Being in some other versions)

The middle one has the number of users online and the total files and GB.
    That is the total amount of users in connected to your SuperNode. A SuperNode acts like a server in that it connects many users (nodes) to one SuperNode so searches and connections can happen.

The one on the right has my user name and "sharing 459 files"
    That is how many files you have in your "My Shared folder" If you would like to share more files, you can move the files to that folder or go to Options>Find Media to Share and select the folder(s) where you other items are.

Next time... :rtfaq: because that could have answered all your questions.
    [/quote]

I&#39;m sure there&#39;s more out there. Check out the pinned too.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by gd9k@22 April 2003 - 15:59
    if anyone have something that they would want to share to all the members in this forum then let it out here.

Or, you/ they could just post them in the Tips section(or other appropriate allready existing section
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.