Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame On This Forum.

I see a thread titled "Rap is Crap....." and you pinheads have replied 109 times to it.

The poster is laughing his ass off at how gullible you people are. He was posting solely to ellicit a defensive response. He kept baiting more and more people with his intentionally crass replies. Adthomp 1, Forum 0.

In the future, just laugh at posts like this and say "Sorry, not biting". You will see it quickly disappear off the bottom of the page.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Music   -   #2
    well I can't say I even read the thread, since I saw no point in it.

3. Music   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    That does happen but I think he really does think rap is crap. And I think he regretted posting it at the end, rather than laughing about it. Actually it was quite a funny topic.

4. Music   -   #4
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    remember...part of the fun of this forum is that people can exchange views ... whether or not you agree does not give you the right to say they should not respond...presumably the same could be said for this thread...

5. Music   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i haven't looked at it either

i originally hated rap. but then i saw that lots of rap was actually good. anybody not willing to listen to somebody like tupac, is just ignorant and can go back to listening to their backstreet boys.

6. Music   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by sara5564@13 April 2003 - 04:02
    ...presumably the same could be said for this thread...
    Presumably you just DID.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by sara5564@13 April 2003 - 04:02
    remember...part of the fun of this forum is that people can exchange views ... whether or not you agree does not give you the right to say they should not respond...presumably the same could be said for this thread...
    Whether I like rap or not is irrelevant . When someone flames an entire genre of music, he is proclaiming his ignorance loud and clear. Different genres call upon different use of talent. Some depend on voice, some guitar, rap requires vocal dexterity.

You must see that he is not inviting you to a delightful "exchange", but rather provoking you to argument.

That is my point, learn to differentiate an invitation to discuss, with a simple banal flame.

If you want to have some fun and flame back, sure, enjoy yourself. But, If you think explaining the merits and artistry of rap are going to be answered with a reply other than "rap, sucks!", then you have been suckered.

Rap is about 2% of my music library, you can get a better grasp of my perspective by looking at my thread "Expand my World" in this forum.

8. Music   -   #8
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Flaming is not my bag....

it just seems that this thread is inviting further controversey.... ho hum...

Seems like my attempts to turn down the heat just served to hot it up!!!

Its oh so easy to get annoyed at other people's views....

I did not contribute or read the thread you are referring to, but the point is not dissimilar to the argument that if you do not wish to view or engage in something that is on a publicly accessible board, then you should exercise the option of not reading the thread or at least leaving the thread once you are aware of its contents...

The moderators are here to prevent the worst of it..the rest is up to the user.....

9. Music   -   #9
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I don't get it. Other people came in on the thread to agree why they hated hip hop to, how it wasn't real music etc. so others came along to tell them their views - surely that's what a discussion area like Musicworld is for? Threads like that are great fun, and that particular one may have even changed a few people's minds or expanded their interests. As long as it isn't flaming, which really I don't think it was, then it's all good.

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by sara5564@13 April 2003 - 04:40
    Flaming is not my bag....

it just seems that this thread is inviting further controversey.... ho hum...

Seems like my attempts to turn down the heat just served to hot it up!!!

Its oh so easy to get annoyed at other people's views....

I did not contribute or read the thread you are referring to, but the point is not dissimilar to the argument that if you do not wish to view or engage in something that is on a publicly accessible board, then you should exercise the option of not reading the thread or at least leaving the thread once you are aware of its contents...

The moderators are here to prevent the worst of it..the rest is up to the user.....
    I am only asking you to read a thread and determine if the motivation of the poster is to discuss or flame.

Flame: Rap sucks
    Discussion: I can't get in to rap, it just sounds like noise, any suggestions on songs that might help me learn to appreciate this style.

Sara,

I was simply stating that whether I agreed with his point of view or not was not a relevant issue. The only thing of importance was that I relized he was not here to exchange ideas and compromise, but just continue with "rap sucks". So I ignored his thread. I was hoping others would have the same insight.

As for things heating up, I think you just misinterpretted a line in my prior post, "If you want to have fun and flame back", that was not directed at you. Reread the post again and see if that changes your spin on it.

If you think I am mad, or hot, or even unappreciative of your input, then we are failing to communicate. I'm mean, seriously, I'm just a fluffy bunny.

Take care, Hobbes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast