Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Night of the Doom-Spider's Army

SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Excuse any typos I make - I got 2 hours sleep last night.

My mum just got a new house and last night was the first night I was to sleep in said house. The previous day I had been sitting on the floor drawing, with a box on my knee to lean on. All of a sudden out of nowhere a spider emerged from behind the box and crawled across the paper. I, shaken by the sight, stood up and dropped the box and paper.

Unfortunately I could not find the spider again and hope of annihilating it was lost.

But I'm pretty sure it was angry with me, for what happened the following night.

Like I said, that night was the first night I was so sleep in the house. I didn't really want to, there are boxes everywhere and it's just not comfortable yet. I settled down to bed at 11, a reasonable time considering I had school the following day. There was a movie on, Cruel Intentions 2...it sucked and played up to the male fantasy that all girls (especially school girl) are sluts and want nothing more than for guys to fuck them. I'm sure there was meant to be some sort of irony in this, or that the movie was not to be taken seriously; I did not see it this way.

Then came the first of the doom spiders, it was on the roof just above the bed. It being 12:30 or so, the spider being so small and I, still pissed of by the film, lead me to be rather brave. I killed it, fast and humane.

But still I was shaken. Another spider appeared at the doorframe, now I'm freaking out. Where did they all come from? I tried to kill this one to, but it somehow eluded me, disappearing as if into thin air.

Now I was scared. Very scared. Yet another spider appeared. This was the evil one. I stayed always out of reach but darted teasingly from side to side, dropping down a few inches on it's web...and climbing slowly back up. That was the last straw, now I'm crying and hyperventilating. I'm surprised I didn't wake my brother who was in the next room. For about two hours I waited, breathing irregularly, willing the spider into a position where I could trap it and obliterate it. No such luck.

It must have been about half two, three in the morning. I was tiered. The lack of sleep I had had the night before was taking its toll on me as I started to hallucinate, my throat was dry and sore from my breathing as was my chest and stomach. Things started looking strange, I could hear hundreds of tiny spiders behind the curtains, flashes and darting shadows framed my vision.

The spider made a mistake, in trailed down just a little to far, into my reach. I waited till it was perfectly in place...and I ended it's little life.

To Be Continued
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    New houses are scary! Especially with spiders in them. Dont let them get the better of you..

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Happy Killing!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Free teh spiderz!!!!!11one

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Freed from the eight legged watchman I darted for the door ran down the stairs, still crying, and woke up my mum.

"What's wrong?" Mum asked, still mostly asleep.

I paused not knowing quite how to explain there was an army of spiders out to get me. My mother, after all, quite liked spiders and tells me I just have to face my fears. I don't want to face my fears, they're fears, I want to run from them. I told her I couldn’t sleep, there were too many spiders in my room.

"What can I do about that?"

I thought that was a rather harsh thing to say, she could have at least shown a little sympathy.

"Nothing!" I said, "Never mind!" and I stomped away up stairs. The second I got back in my room I started crying again.

The rest of the night was hyperventilation, paranoid glances and hours of "Home-grown Hollywood" on BBC2. Once it got light I felt more inclined to sleep, there hadn't been a spider sighting in an hour or two and the hallucinations were beginning to scare me. Finally I settled down uncomfortable in bed, I kept the TV on for a while but after I realised I couldn't actually make-out what was going on and couldn't concentrate long enough to put two and two together I turned it off. Needless to say sleep came easy. With a few last glances in the mirror my puffy red eye and dark bags convinced me, I was never willingly sleeping here again 'till every spider was gone.

I hate spiders.

End of Part One

I can only just bear to keep my eyes open now, so I'm staying off school today under the condition that I do homework.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    isnt it half term?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    No, just ended.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

EDIT: Original site didn't allow hot-linking
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 08-22-2005 at 09:34 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl
    No, just ended.
    That sucks I've been off for about 2 months now and still have a good 3 weeks left..Results back next week tho'

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa

What teh fook?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast