Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can i use DAP instead of Bittorrent for downloading Torrents

Poster
    Hi there i just wanted to know if there was a way of using DAP (Download Accelerator plus) instead of my ABC client. I am having problems with my ABC it keeps timing out after about 1/2 an hour and making my AOL not respond which is really aggrevating. However i did what i have never done before and i paid for a download and this came through on DAP software and was very fast and reliable. It seems to go via Http links is there a way of getting these via bit torrent sites or is there sites i can find that download in this format?
    Thanks very much
    Anne

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    NO! Dap downloads from one site. Bittorrent is a different technology and you do not download from a site. You connect to many peoples computers and download and upload from them. Trackers don't actually have the file. they just host a link.

Anyway, DAP is spyware/adware. dump it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster

Question Mark

Hi there thanks for replying, I really havent tried anything other than ABC so i admit you might as well call me a newbie, i know the basics but still need a helping hand to get sorted lol.
    Anyway if i dump this DAP and ABC cause thats buggering up my system for some reason what bit client do you suggest and ports to open for it so on?

Thanks
    Anne

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Josh's Avatar QX9650 @ 4.02Ghz
    ABC is great i use ABC and BitTornado bit tornado great for a single bittorrent download i use ABC for multi uploading

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    To be honest i do love Abc but its just conflicting with something somewhere so i have to try something else .

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anxies
    To be honest i do love Abc but its just conflicting with something somewhere so i have to try something else .
    anxies, try BitTornado, it's a very easy client to use, or Azureus if you like to fiddle with your client.

Hope that doesn't sound too mucky!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    About your ports. Most trackers ban the following ports:6881 - 6889

And would prefer you to use one between 49152 and 65535. Just pick one a random and test. None are really any better or worse. The key is it should be random so the ISP's can't flag it.

Each tracker may have different port requirements, so get the FAQ's for that site.

If any client gives you problems, just keep trying till you find whats best for you. I like Azureus myself but you need a good computer and a lot of ram for it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I personally use Azureus, but because it a java based program, it is hard on the ram. I would also suggest bitcomet

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    RIGHT HAVE DOWNLOADED AZUREUS

The speeds are low though so will leave it a bit and see what happens???

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    There are a lot of other causes for slow speeds.

If you continue to have problems, please provide the following info and we will get you going:

ISP type: modem? DSL? Max up/down speed allowed?
    Tracker you are using?
    on a network or directly connected?
    Speeds you a currently getting?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast