Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parser for NZB in newsgroups

I've written an PHP application that automatically parse almost all binarie groups for NZB files.
    Its based of binsearch.info but there you cant search for nzb files and at my site you can.

Its now running for 3 days full and I already have 5804 NZB files in the database

If a mod can give me allowance to post my site I will do that.
    Until then I will not spam the board.

Prometeus.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Hey, thanks for the consideration.

But funny enough me and reality have been working on doing that exact same thing for this board. The thing is, we've been spending a lot of time trying to make it very select, so that it only grabs NZBs which are certain to be legit (meaning includes an nfo, pars, etc.).

Post your link, i want to see what you'vve done
    Last edited by tesco; 08-08-2005 at 05:42 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Hey, thanks for the consideration.

But funny enough me and reality have been working on doing that exact same thing for this board. The thing is, we've been spending a lot of time trying to make it very select, so that it only grabs NZBs which are certain to be legit (meaning includes an nfo, pars, etc.).

Post your link, i want to see what you'vve done
    LOL.... Its at a very simple stage now as I dont really know php/mysql
    (but I'm learning) And I dont check for validity.. but I'm on the way to include the complete FTD number scheme with it.

Here is the link...
    http://prometeus.daricash.com

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I have included on my test server the nfo links for the FTD numbers which is pretty neat.
    Been struggling with regular expressions but it working in the lab...

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I don't know how to do regular expressions yet, I just use str_replace where it can be used, and explode to seperate parts of code.

edit: I know you said you don't know much about PHP but do you have any idea how to make the code download that NZB file to a temp directory instead of showing the link? (reality says it's copyrighten or something like that so you can't link to their NZBs)
    Last edited by tesco; 08-08-2005 at 08:10 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    There must be an easy way for doing that.
    fopen is your friend....

I will be happy to code / investigate it if you want...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    havent had much time on the comp as I have broken my wrist and broozed the other one, so typing is a hell....

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    ill be interested to see this workin on the board...tried myself for a bit, but got sidetracked lol
    <insert signature here>

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    The way the NZB Section is buit up now is nice as it adds most of the info through the new script with details. This seperates us form many other sites that have vague titles and a bunch of stuff that you have to wead through...

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    this is true, but the nature of the beast is that i rarely get any nzbs from here, purely because they tend to be available elsewhere, with a larger degree of content.

the problem with any site which relies on uploads is that unless you implement some system of regulating (can only dl if you ul) you have little content.

The problem with the newzbin system is that as of yet, there is no "scene" tag system - i.e. the dvds section is full of useless crap, a lot of which is recodes from svcd/cams etc. - i guess this makes uploading "better", but at the end of the day, it becomes difficult to see what there is.

Out of interest, can you tell from site stats how many of the nzbs are dled?
    <insert signature here>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast