Thread: Error Message

I get a message that reads "cannot be registered on an audio CD" sometimes when I am trying to burn a CD. They are in MP3 format. Can anyone help? Tell me how to make these burn.

Thanks.

New Question: I got a reply that I should be burning on Data CD. I assumed that music would go an audio CD. Call me ignorant but is this better?

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    What CD Burner program are you using?

3. Music   -   #3
    Drag N Drop - But, I don't believe it's the burn software. It burns most of the time, only occassionally I hit a song that gives me the error message.

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by mandsinellijay@13 April 2003 - 16:54
    Drag N Drop - But, I don't believe it's the burn software. It burns most of the time, only occassionally I hit a song that gives me the error message.
    Make sure your mp3 files are 128kbps or bigger! It gives this error only with smaller mp3 files i think!

So if they are smaller, convert them to 128 or more. (more is not needed, because the quality won't get better&#33

5. Music   -   #5
    It might be the quality of the mp3, it might not be of correct quality to burn onto a cd in wav format. Check the quality of the files in question, if they are weird try re-downloading them.

6. Music   -   #6
    Originally posted by mandsinellijay@13 April 2003 - 02:00
    I get a message that reads "cannot be registered on an audio CD" sometimes when I am trying to burn a CD. They are in MP3 format. Can anyone help? Tell me how to make these burn.

Thanks.
    It could be a few things causing this that have already been mentioned.. it could also be that the file that you are attempting to burn has been encoded to prevent it from being copied.. in this case look for another copy of the file. ( if one exists)

Edit: Another thought, You mention that these files are in MP3 format.. you should be using a "Data" CD shouldnt you?

7. Music   -   #7
    Make sure your mp3 files are 128kbps or bigger! It gives this error only with smaller mp3 files i think!

[/QUOTE]
    I have already sucessfully burned files with a 96 bitrate.. I really think he's attempting to burn an encoded file. The problem with this type of file is that you can download it..it will play on WMP etc, but you CANNOT burn it to a CD.. yet another recent attempt by RIAA/MPAA to prevent piracy..

8. Music   -   #8
    Thanks for all of the support guys. I have successfully burned. I actually didn't do anything to any of the files, I only wiped out my burn list and re-copied and it worked!!

I do have a new questions however. It is related to one of the responses I got. "I should be burning MP3 to Data instead of Audio". I may just be ignorant, I am fairly new at this, but, does that actually work better? I assumed that music would just go on an audio CD. Most of my CDs are multi anyway, because I backup files and also put photos on them.

Summing it up! Should I be burning MP3s to Data?

Thanks.

9. Music   -   #9
    BANNED
    DONT burn Mp3s as data unless u dont want it to play on ur CD player it will only play on ur computer if u burn it as data

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by adthomp@14 April 2003 - 02:04
    DONT burn Mp3s as data unless u dont want it to play on ur CD player it will only play on ur computer if u burn it as data
    Since when ?? I have several hundred.. all burnt on TDK DATA discs, and I have had absolutely no problem at all playing them on my Kenwood..or any other cd player.