Thread: 13th District (Banlieue 13)

Cheese's Avatar Poster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

Good film, downloaded off Filelist last night so I imagine it is available on other torrent networks as well.

It's French so if you can't read or you're American then probably best to wait for the sub-par Hollywood remake in a few years time. For those who brave it I trust you'll not be disappointed. I read a review that describes it well; said it was like a "bastard child of Escape From New York and La Haine" (if you haven't seen La Haine shoot yourself in the face now).

To be honest it borrows more heavily from Escape than La Haine, but it is a great action movie and a good alternative to the formulaic Hollywood action films that plague the cinema atm.

PLOT

Paris‚ 2013. Damien is the elite of the police force. Officer of a special unit of intervention‚ expert in martial arts‚ it became Master in the art of the infiltration and can in the long term carry out his operations by fast‚ precise actions and nevertheless muscular. And it is well the most extreme mission of its career which has been just entrusted to him: a weapon of massive destruction was concealed by most powerful gang of the suburbs. Damien is charged to infiltrate in the sector to defuse the bomb or to recover it.

Last edited by Withcheese; 08-22-2005 at 04:39 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I found a couple of versions,what size is the one with subs,it looks good

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I got my subtitles from here: http://subtitles.images.o2.cz/118913...13+(2004).html

The file (without subs) that I downloaded was 713.83
    MB.

Enjoy.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Just got round to watching this,it's brilliant,great action good story...now to find La Haine,the original Nakita was bloody good as well,these french have got some good shit hidden away

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    the plot sounds exactly like the sort of thing i'll deliberately try to avoid watching, but La Haine has been mentioned three times in this thread so i will

also having learnt what Banlieue means in school i feel intellectually smarter than all of yous
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthInsinuate
    also having learnt what Banlieue means in school i feel intellectually smarter than all of yous
    No you don't.

Cheese me boyo, I thought you were a man of good taste.
    You should all stay clear of anything which bears the seal of Luc Besson. That guy has been directing or producing utter shite since "Le grand bleu".