Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obscure Bands/Music....which p2p is best....?

/\/\etal Head
    ....for finding the obscure, non-mainstream bands/music? Or is it just a matter of location/luck?

T.y.
    Last edited by reallyRandy; 08-23-2005 at 09:12 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    n18's Avatar Death God
    SoulSeek is best for really rare stuff. You can also try some music torrent sites, like Oink me, or FileMp3

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    you can find most of what you want, in high quality and decent quantity (sources) on emule/Kad

For the genre you are seeking, http://musicmule.com/ is a good place to start for links

I find Torrents to be good for newly released material, but retention - especially for old/obscure releases - isn't very long.
    Soulseek is decent if you want a song or three, or if you're connecting just to friends or people close to you, but the single-source download thing is a pretty big hinderance.
    Ares continues to get better, I've found some random songs that I never thought I'd be able to find (ie: The 45 King - The 900 Number), so that may be worth checking out as well.

goodluck
    Last edited by sparsely; 08-23-2005 at 11:24 PM.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    /\/\etal Head
    Quote Originally Posted by sparsely
    you can find most of what you want, in high quality and decent quantity (sources) on emule/Kad

For the genre you are seeking, http://musicmule.com/ is a good place to start for links

I find Torrents to be good for newly released material, but retention - especially for old/obscure releases - isn't very long.
    Soulseek is decent if you want a song or three, or if you're connecting just to friends or people close to you, but the single-source download thing is a pretty big hinderance.
    Ares continues to get better, I've found some random songs that I never thought I'd be able to find (ie: The 45 King - The 900 Number), so that may be worth checking out as well.

goodluck
    ty for the link.

I'm not sure about the torrents either. I've heard Azureus and BitTorrent are murder on a laptop because they are so hoggish on system resources. I've heard Bit Tornado is okay for a laptop though. To be honest I really don't know that much about them , and not really the time, hence I'm more of a plug and play type because I pretty much have to be.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Libble.com was coo until they got dumped by thier tracker i think but another good spot can be torrentspy.org or thecellar.org

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i use slsk for rare/obscure indie rock etc