Thread: 2 Monitors On A Grafix Card?

imported_The__One
    Hello ppl,

Does anyone know wich is the best grafix card that supports 2 monitors (not TV-out)?? Or any grafix card that supports 2 monitors....

Thanx B)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Any Matrox from G400 up has dual outputs, as do many GeForce4's (i use a GF4 Ti4200 with 2 monitors), GeForceFX's, ati Radion etc.
    As for the best - if purly for windows and 2D work then you can't fault Matrox, for 3D, one of the new GeForce or Radions should do it.

(as a side note the Matrox G200 can support 4 monitors on one card - but they are pricy)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    geforce and ati radeon cost alot...

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Nvidia Geforce FX 5800 Ultra

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    imported_The__One
    Great, I think I'll get the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro....the GeForce FX is too costly, as is the Matrox...

Thanks

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by The__One@13 April 2003 - 17:39
    Great, I think I'll get the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro....the GeForce FX is too costly, as is the Matrox...

Thanks
    good job... nice choice

www.newegg.com is usually cheaper

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    If u wanna save some money, go for the Radeon 9500 and overclock it (you will only be about 10% behind a Radeon 9700 pro this way)
    Plus Radeon 9500Pro is about half the cost of 9700pro, just make sure you buy the Thermaltake VGA copper cooler kit as well, so you can overclock without any worries

~-- patience just takes practice --~

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    but then again it would be bad... if you dont know how to overclock.... since you will mess up the warranty right?... .heh

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    imported_The__One
    but then again it would be bad... if you dont know how to overclock.... since you will mess up the warranty right?... .heh
    And I definitly don't know how to overclock....once I "helped" a friend of mine overclock his P3 500MHz comp, and we ended up toasting his CPU...turns out he had a crappy cooler , wich could hardly keep up with the 500Mhz, let alone the 600Mhz we tried to crank it up to

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    heh i got a p1 100mhz n a p2 300mhz but imma not try overclocking them since imma break them both lol

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    If you havent decided yet...I'd recommend the Geforce TI4x00 series with TwinView, you can get them on newegg.com for around $150

I'm sorta biased to Nvidia though, I wouldn't buy anything else, I hated my dads ATI, but love Nvidias drivers, and how easy they are to tweak

With the Geforce, they have one VGA, one S-Video, and one Digital display out with an adaptor usually, so you have plenty of room for expansion, and can use 2 at a time, in any combo