Thread: Norton Antivirus 2003

I have norton antivirus 2003 and it changed my recycling bin from "recycling bin" to "norton protected recycling bin" There are some new features that can recover deleted files, but how do i completely remove my deleted files from my computer?!?

Right now i have over 1500 files in the bin and it is seriously lagging my computer. I read the help file about the part where u can eliminate files permanently. It said that i needed wipe info. Is that a separate d/l or does it come with Norton. It also says how to eliminate files and folders, does this only include text files, or all files?
    -TiMz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Right-click on the recycle bin and go to properties.

There you can empty the 'protected' files. You can also set how long files should be kept in the recycle bin. Or just disable the whole protection.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm, ic, thanks, if i jsut right click the file and select delete, are the files/folders wiped off my comp permanently?
    -TiMz

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Timz@13 April 2003 - 14:08
    hmm, ic, thanks, if i jsut right click the file and select delete, are the files/folders wiped off my comp permanently?
    there should be a menu item called "empty norton protected recycle bin" if u right click ur recycle bin icon

i'd rather recommend turning off norton protected recycle. it's really just a recycle bin of recycle bin

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well they wont be permanently deleted you can use programs like cia unerase a very cool program that can still find these old files i used and it found deleted files from at least 2 formats ago very cool

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i c
    -TiMz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I always kept that function on and about once a week said erase norton protected files. Does that not delete everything?