Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There A Program That Lets Me Do This?

Well I was about to say that a good way would be to record audio into Sonic Foundry Sound Forge where you can edit the length of audio or cut into loops which are so many bars or beats long.
    But you neednt even use Sound Forge - You could just do most easily in Sonic Foundry Acid Pro 4. When you put your tracks into this program it will 'beat match' the tracks to whatever tempo you want.

So if you import a track it automatically analyses and calculates the tempo so when you add a second track it will adjust the speed so that the two are perfectly in sync. This is very graphically laid out and an easy way to see what you are doing. You can cut up parts, copy and paste them, fade in, fade out, apply effects and mix it all down to one finished piece of audio - which you can sav in a variety of forms.

I work with a lot of audio software (have been for a while now) some of which is quite complex, and can be a real steep learning curve especially when looking at it for the first time, but the first thing that I looked at that made sense quickly was Acid. Just take some time to read the getting started part of the manual and you'll be bootlegging in no time. Great for dub.

The other thing you might want to have a look at ('cause they are fun anyway) is the virtual DJ apps such as Traktor or Mixmeister Pro - just like a set of decks for mp3s.

Have fun

LJ

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    Ynhockey TO CREATE A MIX DOWN

First u have to to view multisession in this u paste all the tracks that u want to mix down in the multi view when it done u have finished it and am happy with the way it sounds the option is Edit mix down all wave forms then it mixs it to one whole wave form then u save it as mp3 or whatever DONE

Hope that helps i use it all the time for my work in radio

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster

Ynhockey TO CREATE A MIX DOWN

First u have to to view multisession in this u paste all the tracks that u want to mix down in the multi view when it done u have finished it and am happy with the way it sounds the option is Edit mix down all wave forms then it mixs it to one whole wave form then u save it as mp3 or whatever DONE

Hope that helps i use it all the time for my work in radio
    Unfortunately it didn't help 'cause a MIDI isn't a waveform. However, i think i've learned how to use ACID Pro better now and it's tolerable... to bad i have to stop using CoolEdit just because i don't know how to mix midis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12