Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    nvm
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-02-2005 at 01:35 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

I'm sorry, you have obviously set the standard to high for the rest of us.
    I apologize, the way your post looked made it seem you were speaking to me. But when I quoted you, it became obvious you were speaking to peerzy. The lack of him adding anything more to his quote was playing with thread.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 09-02-2005 at 12:36 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Americans have looted stores and the Wal-Mart gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America.
    Very good Peerzy, Americans live in America. Now, can you tell us who lives in Brazil?

If Michael Moore had done a documentary on say, Eckard's, your statement would have read "Americans have looted stores and the Eckard's gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America." Recycled bullshit, is still bullshit kid.
    The French

I didn't even watch all of BFC, i said Wal-Mart because the fact is, thats what the news had, it had footage of people in a Wal-Mart (Note: Not a Eckard's) nicking guns. So you're saying that because theres a film about Wal-Mart and guns we should refrain from using those two words in the same sentence, even if it's really whats happening? We must bend to truth now because you don't want two words that featured in a film together, a film which i saw about half of, then switched off cause it was shit?

@RF - I wasn't flaming or anything, it's just something like was flagged 4 years ago as a major threat and the American Government did fuck all about it.

@Busy - Cool, then you loot the Wal_Mart and take your gun count up the same level as your IQ count, a massive 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky
    Now Peerzy. If you knew anything about history it might just help. I think that you honestly believe that Bush invented hurricanes. Fact is they’ve been hitting coastal areas for a long time.
    Nope, Bush didn't invest hurricanes (i doubt he can even spell it), but he could have done a hell of a lot more to stop the damage being so high. Did Bush invent Terrorism? Nope, could he have done more to stop September 11th? Yes.

Also my above post which was blank was supposed to be this one, but Firefox went all crazy and froze for a minute or two, not really sure what happened.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 09-02-2005 at 12:38 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster

Very good Peerzy, Americans live in America. Now, can you tell us who lives in Brazil?

If Michael Moore had done a documentary on say, Eckard's, your statement would have read "Americans have looted stores and the Eckard's gun section has had all the weapons and ammo nicked. Way to go America." Recycled bullshit, is still bullshit kid.
    The French

I didn't even watch all of BFC, i said Wal-Mart because the fact is, thats what the news had, it had footage of people in a Wal-Mart (Note: Not a Eckard's) nicking guns. So you're saying that because theres a film about Wal-Mart and guns we should refrain from using those two words in the same sentence, even if it's really whats happening? We must bend to truth now because you don't want two words that featured in a film together, a film which i saw about half of, then switched off cause it was shit?

@RF - I wasn't flaming or anything, it's just something like was flagged 4 years ago as a major threat and the American Government did fuck all about it.
    Did the news footage also show police officers removing guns and ammo from stores so they cannot be looted? No, I quess that flew under their radar. You mention all the looters, I'm amazed to find out all the world's looters are in America apparently, but you never mention all the people leaving their homes from across the country to come and aid others. I quess the news didn't show that part, or else you would have mentioned it since you repeat whatever the news says or shows.

And what exactly would you do if you had warnings 4 years ago? Force all the people to move out of the area? Apparently you know a secret the rest of the world doesn't know about to stopping hurricanes. Mighty impressive knowledge you have there...
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 09-02-2005 at 12:44 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55

The French

Did the news footage also show police officers removing guns and ammo from stores so they cannot be looted? No, I quess that flew under their radar. You mention all the looters, I'm amazed to find out all the world's looters are in America apparently, but you never mention all the people leaving their homes from across the country to come and aid others. I quess the news didn't show that part, or else you would have mentioned it since you repeat whatever the news says or shows.

And what exactly would you do if you had warnings 4 years ago? Force all the people to move out of the area? Apparently you know a secret the rest of the world doesn't know about to stopping hurricanes. Mighty impressive knowledge you have there...

The News footage showed an Officer with a shotgun walking round town pointing it at people and telling them to get out of town and stop looting, which was a good thing, im not totally anti American.

Please quote me where i saw all the worlds looters are in America, or where i even implied it

I did not repeat everything that the news showed either, i simply selected a piece of news that i felt helped back up my point.

4 years ago, a hurricane attacking New O was the number 1 major risk of life to Americans, above terrorism, above earthquakes, above all of that. Later that year, the number 2 major risk of life to Americans happened. So what do you do? You cut as much funding as you possibly could from stopping and protecting from hurricanes and earthquakes.

Should we have forced all the people out of the area? No, you should have contined to fund and install protection instead of putting all the money into a war about WMD (Which were never found, ever.)

America new that the levees would not stand a level 5 hurricane, they were high enough, just not strong enough. So what happens when America see's a level 5 hurricane on the way? Shall we warn the people? Nah, lets keep it a secret and hope no one notices

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56

The French

You act like you've never seen AntiAmericanPeerzy post before.

He hates America and Americans...if that puts this into perspective. His posts will point out the worst of America and it's inhabitants.

He is a troller and it's only entertaining if, when you post, it's like talking to a terrorist that you can never actually put your hands on. Mmmk?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    That said, i have to respond to this:

And if we are in Iraq for oil then why is there a shortage of oil right now in the country? Why is the President asks us to conserve oil? According to you we should be swimming in it.
    Because its supply and demand... The way Iraq has been treated has ensured that there is less supply than demand, hense huge price hikes in the the price of a barrel.

The people to benefit from this, until Katrina, has been the Oil Companies not in the Middle East, which can sell at that high price without the terrorism that is causing the problem there ... which ones are those again? Who runs them? Family name of Bush comes to mind for interests in a few of them..

The reason there is a shortage of Oil in the country, is that the companies sell to the buyers... which can be from anywhere in the world. US companies dont keep their product in the US, they sell to the highest bidder like everyone else.

The US is a "Net" importer of Oil.

It imports more than it exports, that does not mean it doesnt export.
    That’s just plain ridiculous. So according to you we invade a country to steal their oil but we don’t keep it for ourselves we sell it. Now we have a national crisis at hand and we have no oil for ourselves even though we use more than anyone else in the world, but we have plenty to sell to everyone else. Sounds logical.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58

He hates America and Americans...if that puts this into perspective. His posts will point out the worst of America and it's inhabitants.

He is a troller and it's only entertaining if, when you post, it's like talking to a terrorist that you can never actually put your hands on. Mmmk?

Im as anti American as you are a blind pro american.

It's your view, your welcome to it. In my eyes your wrong, your eyes im wrong. Personally i know America isn't as bad as my posts make out, but im sure you know that America isn't as good as you try to make it, you defend America just for the sake of arguements, the same as a lot of the time i agrue anti america.

Im sure if you could see America from my eyes and from where i live in the world you would be anti american, same as if iwas in your location and viewing things from your eyes and brought up like you i would be very pro american.

I don't dislike you, Busy (much) infact at times i enjoy your pro american view point.

Personally i agree to disagree, as much as im keen to know why america is so good im sure your wondering how i could find america so bad.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59

Im as anti American as you are a blind pro american.

You gotta be shittin' me!!!!
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-02-2005 at 01:20 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hmmm.

Mt. St. Helens is still emitting the occasional rumble; Bush had better pump big government bucks (taxpayer money, BTW) into emergency research and development of a giant cork, but evacuate the entire state of Washington indefinitely, just in case.

Another thing-

Every time I get pissy with certain people on this board, my posts disappear; a guy could get the idea that the imminence of the problem could be forecast as easily as a hurricane.

I wonder if I could interest Mr. Bush in heading the problem off at the pass with a massive infusion of funds and a pre-positioned archival back-up.

I just thought of something else for you, Peerzy-

If you believe Bush's policies have caused not only the hurricanes but tweaked them to especially deadly effect, then possibly you should acknowledge the power of a much Higher Power which, it is easily deduced, must be responsible for steering these storms on so unerring a path as to punish the citizens of the U.S. so unrelentingly for their hubris.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast