Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 53

Thread: pretty random question

  1. #1
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -=U.S.A=-
    Posts
    2,450
    Okay heres a pretty random question that i need answered
    "what is the weight of a penny?"
    Last edited by suprafreak6; 08-28-2005 at 03:12 PM.

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Port Dover
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,767
    The new penny weighs 3.56 grams and has a diameter of 20.32 mm. Initially issued in bronze, the material used to make the 1p coins changed to copper plated steel in 1992. Since then the only penny to appear in bronze has been the proof issue of 1999.

    Source

    On a side note, the change of metal cost the amusement acrcade industry a fortune because all machines pretty much had to have the coin slot altered to have the magnet taken out because the new coins were jamming up the mechanism.

    Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 08-28-2005 at 03:24 PM.

  3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    "what is the weight of a penny?"


    i'd guess about 140-150 lbs.

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, Tx...ya'll
    Posts
    675
    0.09 ounces.

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -=U.S.A=-
    Posts
    2,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    The new penny weighs 3.56 grams and has a diameter of 20.32 mm. Initially issued in bronze, the material used to make the 1p coins changed to copper plated steel in 1992. Since then the only penny to appear in bronze has been the proof issue of 1999.

    Source

    On a side note, the change of metal cost the amusement acrcade industry a fortune because all machines pretty much had to have the coin slot altered to have the magnet taken out because the new coins were jamming up the mechanism.

    Jonno
    exactly what i needed thanks

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Austin, Tx...ya'll
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    The new penny weighs 3.56 grams and has a diameter of 20.32 mm. Initially issued in bronze, the material used to make the 1p coins changed to copper plated steel in 1992. Since then the only penny to appear in bronze has been the proof issue of 1999.

    Source

    On a side note, the change of metal cost the amusement acrcade industry a fortune because all machines pretty much had to have the coin slot altered to have the magnet taken out because the new coins were jamming up the mechanism.

    Jonno
    exactly what i needed thanks

    Be careful if you are using this for school work, your teacher might laugh at you if you say our penny contains bronze and or steel.
    Last edited by Tikibonbon; 08-28-2005 at 03:46 PM.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Port Dover
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,767
    lol thats true, I'm talking about the English 1 pence coin

    Sharpend and thrown at football matches is probably their most useful quality and also a Chelsea tradition........we at Norwich throw bog roll

    Jonno

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    1
    Posts
    2,128
    depends on the gravitational pull of the planet you weigh it on.

  9. Lounge   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    depends on the gravitational pull of the planet you weigh it on.
    And where on the plant.

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    I'm an Even Steven with a
    Posts
    10,491
    It weights the same as a 1/16th or is it an 1/8th.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •