Thread: Crc Error,

i have downlaoded a 300mb file for kazaa, and i extract it and it comes up with a CRC error. is there any app that can fix this. i have herd that winace dose the job but that ant confermed. well is there?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    nothing can fix a crc file not unless you download with emule or edonkey these 2 programs have the ability
    to fix corrupted crc downloads its just that the fastrack network is to old and unreliable, if 1 person has a corruted file and he passes it on then everybody will have it to, spreads like a virus.

only way kazaa can fix it is download the file again, but then you can get a diffrent crc file error
    as i had several times.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Do a search on K for the file that has the CRC error in.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    yeah ive had this happen and i couldnt fix it!!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ok, damm. not to worry, i dled it againg. and can not look for the file that is curropt cos it is a 302mb bin file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ijc_2003@13 April 2003 - 11:56
    nothing can fix a crc file not unless you download with emule or edonkey these 2 programs have the ability
    to fix corrupted crc downloads its just that the fastrack network is to old and unreliable, if 1 person has a corruted file and he passes it on then everybody will have it to, spreads like a virus.

only way kazaa can fix it is download the file again, but then you can get a diffrent crc file error
    as i had several times.
    i encountered this yesterday
    that rar pack contained an iso file, and after it is extracted, winrar reported a crc error
    but i still got that file extracted. i terminated the winrar thread right after the whole file was extrated before winrar had time to make a crc check (seems this error occurs just at the end of that package, which i think might be a common problem)