Thread: Psychological Research Journal

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out a little...

Just started College... And on first day teacher gave us an assignment but the weird part is... I can't see to find any thing relating to it... She told us to find an Article from a Psychological Research Journal...

Only thing is that I can't find any.. And ones taht I do find online you have to Pay to become a member...

I tried the School's Library but apparently they don't have any which is weird because the Teacher said that the Library(School's) would have it...

So just seeing if you guys could help me out...
    ---As for a relating topic, I would prefer something about like Video Game Violence or how Technology has affected our lives...---

2. Lounge   -   #2
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Most journals are available online by subscription, and many colleges are subscribers so I am surprised that your library doesn't have any access. I suggest you double check. The best sources for journals are through things like 'ingenta select' which is a journals database.

If you are interested in the computer ethics side of psychology, then try looking on Google for online journals edited by particular authors. A good source of general tech discussion is MIT Technology Review, this has a free sign up (or did when I signed up for it) and might help to point you in the right direction.

Psychology in itself is a huge area and you might be surprised at what free access you can get through Googling, or try Google Scholar beta....which is getting better....

I would go back to your lecturer and ask her for references. You should at the very least get an author and journal name from her. To be honest, your requirements are rather vague so I can't be more specific without more detail.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you should see if your college has access to www.sciencedirect.com - its a nice, easy to use resource that i used frequently for psychology research
    <insert signature here>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    What the hell is a Psychological Research Journal?

What ever happend to Roger red hat and Billy blue hat?

Jonno

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I think Sara mentioned it, tho' it's difficult to tell with her job-requirement mankerish grasp of English
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    aaaahhhh that was what she was saying

deep & sincere apologize for re post

8. Lounge   -   #8
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Sorry I mean thank you for helping me out but then that MIT Tech thingy didn't really help... Here let me type out the Instructions the Teacher gave us.

"'Go to the library and select any interesting psychological research article published between 2000-Present in any spychological journal. (Some PDF versions can be found online.)'"