Thread: Prominent Aussie Politician's Suicide Attempt

for people who might not have heard of this story:
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...?oneclick=true

News of Mr Brogden's collapse swept quickly around Macquarie Street, where his colleagues had been involved in a late-night numbers battle to decide who will replace the 36-year-old, who resigned on Monday after admitting to propositioning female journalists and referring to Helena Carr, wife of the former premier, as a mail-order bride.
    theres prolly some fodder for discussion here, re: politics, media, social issues, work, play, and the contemporary attitudes of 'stralian society in comparison with its western cousins. some of the above or all of the above, i reckon. and it's an interesting story, besides.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I am relieved to find the human condition is all-pervading and that Americans are not alone in suffering it's effects.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I am relieved to find the human condition is all-pervading and that Americans are not alone in suffering it's effects.
    Bullshit. Americans are the only one's suffering from the human condition.

It's fucking CaptainObvious.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Americans are obviously more cynical, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    This guy is a serial pest, he has a history of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards women, and an aggressive attitude to anyone who disagrees with him. He now makes a pathetic attempt at suicide, and is taken to hospital with "minor" injuries. Fucking wanker, typical conservative politician.
    Sig Removed...too clever

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

was there supposed to be a comma in the middle of that word or something?
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 09-01-2005 at 04:41 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    This guy is a serial pest, he has a history of sexually inappropriate behaviour towards women, and an aggressive attitude to anyone who disagrees with him. He now makes a pathetic attempt at suicide, and is taken to hospital with "minor" injuries. Fucking wanker, typical conservative politician.
    Has he been convicted of any of these serially pestilent behaviors?

BTW-

As it has been already firmly decided by the almost interminable beating of a certain (and certainly now-dead) horse, your U.K. definition of conservative does not match our own, thus your reference is not at all correlative.

Please try again, Ma'am.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Has he been convicted of any of these serially pestilent behaviors?

BTW-

As it has been already firmly decided by the almost interminable beating of a certain (and certainly now-dead) horse, your U.K. definition of conservative does not match our own, thus your reference is not at all correlative.

Please try again, Ma'am.
    Yes. (Of course you could have found this out for yourself, but hey ..)

l'm not English, and l wasn't talking about English pollies, the nationality of said pest should have been a clue, so whatever gave you that idea? Oh, l know, American Excess, that'll do nicely sir.
    Sig Removed...too clever