Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which portable music player to buy....??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ahctlucabbuS
    http://products.sony.co.uk/sony_nw-dh3.asp
    Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    Key Features of the NW-HD3:

* ATRAC3plus and MP3 playback compatible
    * Over 30 hours of playback time*2
    * G-Sensor
    * 20GB HDD = 13,000 tracks*3(900CDs)
    * 4 colour variations (Silver/ Black/ Pink / Red)
    * Aluminium body
    * Headphones and AC adaptor supplied
    * USB cable supplied
    * USB adaptor supplied
    I were impressed by the 30 hour battery life.

But of course the iPod will make you more fashionable, if you're the type to buy into that.
    Yeah, realoistic battery life is about 26 hours of constant listening, or 30 hours if you spread it over a week.

People won't go; Hey you've got an Ipod, nice! But you'll have a much better MP3 player.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i would highly recommend either the archos gmini 400 or the iriver h320/340 or the iaudio cowon x5. all of these play video. the gmini only plays mp3, while the iriver and the iaudio play lossless formats like ogg and flac. i have the iriver h320, got it last year, and its still pimp as hell. now that the iaudio cowon x5 came out, i'd recommend u get that. it's slightly better than the iriver. batt life isn't as good as the iriver, but still beats the ipod and archos

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    After reading through all suggestions and checking prices on Amazon, I think I will go for the iAudio X5.

Does it come with the FM at no extra cost..? And does it play video (DiVX)? These are just 2 more questions I need answers to.

If it only plays MPEG-4 videos I won't mind too much... it's a tiny screen anyway and will probably only put some clips on it.....

Thanks for all your help guys

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If you want help then why don't you make it a bit easier for us by posting a link to the product?

http://eng.iaudio.com/product/product_X5_feature.php

It shows FM in the specifications:
    MP3, OGG, WMA, ASF, FLAC, WAV, MPEG4* (video) playback, FM Radio Receiver and Recording, Voice Recording, Line-In Recording
    And does it play video (DiVX)?
    It plays video:
    Playback format MPEG1/2/2.5 Layer 3, WMA, OGG, ASF, FLAC,
    WAV (11/22/44Khz,16Bit, MONO/STEREO),
    XviD MPEG 4 Video, JPEG
    but no mention of DiVX.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Thanks....

One other thing that is making me have second thoughts - the Archos GMini can transmit the video to the TV so I can watch a film on TV via the GMini.... I never saw it say I can do that with the iAudio....... Can somebody prove me wrong?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    The new Sony, while it does support the Mp3 format, you still must use the accompanying software [to enable DRM] and transfer files. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

At least, a player must utilize drag-and-drop.

I've got a MobiBlu 1500i, the worlds smallest. It's a 1" cube, has a 1Gb capacity, FM radio/recorder, OLED display and supports data storage as well.

It is small but very easy to navigate utilizing the Windows folders and hierarchy system. It's also very intuitive to use.

Frankly iPods are for the masses. Be original.

Lastly, as a rule, any player with a harddrive(hence moving parts) is more likely to break. So flash drives rule in that regard.

good luck with it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    If you want help then why don't you make it a bit easier for us by posting a link to the product?

http://eng.iaudio.com/product/product_X5_feature.php

It shows FM in the specifications:

And does it play video (DiVX)?
    It plays video:
    Playback format MPEG1/2/2.5 Layer 3, WMA, OGG, ASF, FLAC,
    WAV (11/22/44Khz,16Bit, MONO/STEREO),
    XviD MPEG 4 Video, JPEG
    but no mention of DiVX.

it does play divx. it's the exact same thing as iriver. originally the iriver h3XX series doesn't play video, then iriver korea came out with this amazing firmware update. the iaudio x5 uses the same core hardware, but it sped up the processor, and now it plays vids @ 15fps instead of 10 for the iriver. however, the iaudio x5 has less battery life. my iriver goes up to 17 hours. guess there's always a compromise

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Cool.

Anyway, can anyone answer my question from before? (One other thing that is making me have second thoughts - the Archos GMini can transmit the video to the TV so I can watch a film on TV via the GMini.... I never saw it say I can do that with the iAudio....... Can somebody prove me wrong?)

thanks..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    Cool.

Anyway, can anyone answer my question from before? (One other thing that is making me have second thoughts - the Archos GMini can transmit the video to the TV so I can watch a film on TV via the GMini.... I never saw it say I can do that with the iAudio....... Can somebody prove me wrong?)

thanks..
    the archos can do that. it's more a debate with yourself from there on. do u want a pimp ass music player or an extremely bare and simple music player but with pimp ass video capabilities? in most cases i won't be watching a good movie on a 2.2" screen. and if i want to watch a movie on a portable device, that usually means there's no tv around me. if ur spending $$, think b4 u leap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast