Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Correcting a parent reguarding their own child

Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Interesting question, at what point do you step in? do you wait for the child to be hurt or stop it happening? or do you turn a blind eye? or do you ignor it and call the authorities?

Jonno
    I would think using the cell phone to call the authorities is definitly not ignoring it and would be called for...In a physical situation

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I meant if the physical was happening as you watched. Ignor probably being the wrong word.

Jonno

3. Lounge   -   #43
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I don't think you did anything wrong Jon ,I think the father was just scared and over reacted ,I have been guilty of that on many an occasion . Spanking the poor kid would be unjustified . Funny I saw it coming home tonite , little one dropped her tricycle and ran into the road .

Mom grabbed her and shook her fingers at the little girl right in front of me , pissed me off till my carpool buddie told me it was sign language ........... Felt like an ass glad I did n't say anything , needless to say we had tears in our eyes rest of the way home.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    You remember being shouted at and for what reason when you were 4?

Man I can't even remember 24

Jonno
    i remember i called my brother a dickhead and my mum shouted at me saying thats a bad word glad to see i learnt my fucking foul language so young

i also threw someones mouthwash down the sink cos i tried it and it was nasty....
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #45
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    you're all pussies. if that was my kid the little fucker wouldn't be running anywhere else fast

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    My mum yelled at me when i was little for doing stupid things (finger in socket, not looking both ways b4 crossing the street). I suppose it was to get the point across that i shouldnt do those things...but i also think it was because i scared the shit out of her
    Last edited by Smith; 09-03-2005 at 10:17 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345