Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question....how to....

|F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Letter of resignation.

01/09/2005

Employer

I wish to cease my employment at ********.
    The reasons for this being a steady decline in the establishments popularity and general employee and customer moral.
    Since the change of Owner many changes have been made, the staff have put in a great deal of effort in helping with these changes. Unfortunately we have been constantly bombarded with problems with suppliers, builders not turning up, jobs unfinished, lack of information regarding subjects such as credit/debit acceptance etc. The new till system is appalling, old technology and very unstable, I have tried to help here with my knowledge of computing yet I make a change which fixes a problem and someone changes it back.Prices are constantly going up which is not sitting well with customers, even price marked items are being programmed in the tills above the actual price mark. This makes the staff look foolish when someone picks up an item which states £1.50 clearly printed on the label and the till says £1.60.
    Also the working conditions are unbelievable, we were without a kettle for approx. 3-4 weeks and have now been without a proper sink to wash hands or make drink for over a month. The heat in the shop since lowering the ceiling and adding a large chiller/fridge has been horrendous, thankfully the summer hasn't been too bad, temperatures of 35C are not suitable indoor working conditions. Air conditioning was promised in July, it's still not fitted. There is also a feeling of non trust with staff as well as customers.The electric's, especially around the till area are not safe, a wall mounted double power point not wall mounted , just hanging loose. The double sockets under the counter connecting the till system are over loaded and have now several times disconnected when knocked by an object and power has been lost to the tills, this could cause a short and therefore very dangerous.
    I personally have spent many hours out of work time and made many phone calls to help with the conversion, this responsibility was handed to me, I accepted having some knowledge of the industry, I done this of free will and as a favour to the shop and staff and yourself, yet never so much as received a thank you. 2 words.
    Today's events (01/09/2005) were just the icing on a very sour cake and made my final decision.

As a job I really did enjoy I'm quite upset in having to write this but I feel I can no longer work under such declining conditions.

I thank you for your employment.

Jonno
    fixed

2. Lounge   -   #12
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Jonno, it has promise, but you need to check the grammar (where's manker when you need him? )

Also, it could perhaps do with being shorter, oh...and paragraphs for each point you are making. You could even bullet point your main gripes with a brief explanation of each one.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Say what? bullet what? you want me to shoot him?
    Sorry don't understand, please explain.

btw to add a little info, he's also ripped me off by a lot of money, a job I done for him basically took 70 odd hours in 5 days I ended up being paid the hourly equivalent of £3.50 per hour instead of the £10 I should have got, but I can't mention that in there cos it was a cash job.

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Also the working conditions are unbelievable, we were without a kettle for approx. 3-4 weeks
    Oh my, poor you. How did you ever survive this dreadful ordeal?

Sara's right, do you really have to make it so long?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    I bloody knew someone would say that about the kettle, it's not me, I don't drink hot drinks at work, but when the staff have to go to pub down the road and pay £1 for a cup of coffee it's taking the piss. They have no staff room either, nothing really, a room full of crap and an ashtray (which is all I really need )

As for being too long, it's the reason I'm leaving, why make it shorter and leave things unsaid, with any luck he might sort these problems out.

Also with reguards to grammar and parathingying, has been done
    Thank you Nik

Jonno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12