Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5,000 gallons of pure water an hour

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Erdlator - turns foul water into 5,000 gallons of pure water an hour

Just talked to an old friend. He served in Viet Nam. I mentioned how disgusted I am at the poor response of my US government for the victims of Katrina. He said people are dying needlessly of dehydration. I asked him to explain. He said in Viet Nam they had Erdlator(s) that are capable of purifing the nastiest water into pure water. They can be mounted easily on trucks or stationary. They purify 5,000 gallons of water an hour. Why isn't there 10-20 or more of these on the ground?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Erdlator - turns foul water into 5,000 gallons of pure water an hour

Just talked to an old friend. He served in Viet Nam. I mentioned how disgusted I am at the poor response of my US government for the victims of Katrina. He said people are dying needlessly of dehydration. I asked him to explain. He said in Viet Nam they had Erdlator(s) that are capable of purifing the nastiest water into pure water. They can be mounted easily on trucks or stationary. They purify 5,000 gallons of water an hour. Why isn't there 10-20 or more of these on the ground?
    Maybe the ground is too wet, and maybe the wet is too deep?

A million of the things couldn't get the water to the people.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    A million of the things couldn't get the water to the people.
    That is the real problem.
    Last edited by BigBank_Hank; 09-02-2005 at 01:30 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Just exactly what powers these machines and where would it come from. What training does it take to run them. It is my understanding whole units were attached to these machines in Vietnam.

And if people are stranded in their attics and rooftops how would they get through the water with a machine like this to the people that really need the water?

Does it not make more sense that our government airlift in bottled water, try to rescue the people from rooftops and attics and take them to safety first, as they have been doing as quickly as humanly possible?

Household bleach would purify water enough to drink it. Why are these people not using it? Because they couldn't get to it.

I imagine these machines will be brought in. But to expect them to be brought into a disaster area like this before the waters even receded is a bit much, imo.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Diesel it's easy as pie. But my government doesn't care.

Also why the f*ck don't they have an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Mexico.With planes flying sorties 24hrs a day dropping food & water.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Also why the f*ck don't they have an aircraft carrier in the Gulf of Mexico.With planes flying sorties 24hrs a day dropping food & water.
    Planes dropping food and water into what? Polluted water? Yea, that makes sense...

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Diesel it's easy as pie. But my government doesn't care.

What in good Christ has diesel got to do with it?

Yes, perhaps they could airlift one in...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    I can't the response here. Oh well it's just life or death

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    I can't the response here. Oh well it's just life or death
    Yea, it's easy to critize others for not doing enough while you sit back all comfy in your chair.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I’m sorry if we’re not moving heaven and earth fast enough for you. We could have done it faster but our magic wand got broken.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast