Thread: Starting Up Windows Xp Pro

Hi, I Hope someone can help me .... when I turn on my computer instead of starting up normally, it now goes into a black screen where I Have to click the start windows normally (if I don't click this it starts auto after 30 seconds) goes to the ble screen and then boots up. How can I avoid this long wait and change it. Sorry to be a bit vague but don't know what to do. Keep up the good work, Thaks Dave (Luckydog)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    There could be a lot of reasons why it is doing this, one easy fix since you say it will boot up normally after 30 seconds is to cut the 30 seconds to something you can live with. To do this Right Click on MY COMPUTER icon. Select PROPERTIES. Click on the ADVACED TAB. There in that tab click under Start Up And Recovery click on settings. You can change the 30 seconds there to maybe 5 seconds.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by firefox@13 April 2003 - 22:48
    There could be a lot of reasons why it is doing this, one easy fix since you say it will boot up normally after 30 seconds is to cut the 30 seconds to something you can live with. To do this Right Click on MY COMPUTER icon. Select PROPERTIES. Click on the ADVACED TAB. There in that tab click under Start Up And Recovery click on settings. You can change the 30 seconds there to maybe 5 seconds.
    Many thanks for prompt reply, tried it and it works !!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Just turn it off from my computer properties/system startup