Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows Xp Pro Or Windows 2000 ?

Poster
    From what you said you seem to be having problems with XP. I never did but I don't have your computer so going to Windows 2000 is a perfectly fine choice. You're not losing any.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    2000 is a very stable op primarily designed for business, however it's not that hot for games

as for dual 98/xp booting you will have to make sure both partitions are running FAT32, 98 cannot read NTFS

triple boot systems? I'm not certain you can have both 2000 and 98 or is it 2000 and 98, i can't remember but check out microsofts sites help on dual boot sysytems, theres some type of limitation, along the lines of 95/98 is not possible

Myself I would stick to XP i have a home network and run 95, 98, Me, 2000 AS and Xp Pro, all on dual boot sysytems, no I'm not sad Just need to keep my hand in for work, for preference I use Xp as I find it best overall, Overall being the point

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I've used every version of windows nice, and I must say that XP Professional is the best. Home edition is pretty much the same, but pro has some extra's that advanced users appreciate. Since you admit that you are a novice, I suggest you go with XP. It's more user-friendly than 2000.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123