Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam

Poster
    i am getting a lot of emails that have no unsubscribe function with them can anybody tell me which prog is best to use to stop all the spam.

it may help but i have 4 accounts of which 3 i can use any connection method but 1 of them i have to connect via there dial up this is used for business.....i would like to use a prog so that i can set up who i want to allow but those on a black list i would like to bounce the mail back to them.

i have done various searches on google and other download site and seen 10001 or so not sure what is best any offers????

thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ummm most emails have spam filters... try using those i dunt think there are programs to stop spam...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    just ignore and delete!
    i have spam filters setup and i still get tons of it!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    soul
    i use outlook express so if there is any spam filters then plse tell me how to set it up...there are alot of progs believe me i have tried several some with good results....

but had to reformat my entire hd so have lost all info about the prog and where i got it from hence my question.

thanks again

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    outlook eh... sorry... i use hotmail and yahoo... they have filters and blocks...

well i suggest you just block all emails that come to you that are spam... thatz what i do...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i use outlook.. and i dont get a single spam... wierd.. since i dont ever remember setting up filters...

uck

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by pyromonkey@13 April 2003 - 21:31
    just ignore and delete!
    i have spam filters setup and i still get tons of it!

pyromonkey Posted on 13 April 2003 - 21:37
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i use outlook.. and i dont get a single spam... wierd.. since i dont ever remember setting up filters...

pyro what do you mean as you said you use outlook and yet you do or dont get spam?????

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I get spam on hotmail. But i just choose to block the email address. Only problem is sometimes they will change the email address to stop this!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Search for "Postal INSPECTOR OE" on Kazaa. It incorporates itself into Outlook Express while many of the other filter programs (eg.mailwasher) run separately. Its pretty good at catching all the spam and you can upgrade the filters daily.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    thanx catfud i will give it a try. once installed is there icon or something or does it just run when you click on outlook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast