Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia Drivers

yeah, i made up backups of pretty much everything. the worst thing to get back is all the updates for xp. i think there's 34 of them, and i'm on dialup too. it's probably gonna take me a couple of days just to get the updates
    it's nice to have a clean install anyway, gets rid of a lot of the stuff that builds up. plus the comp is running noticably faster now too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    I belive somewhere you can order a cd with all microsoft updates on it, but I can't seem to find it on the MS site, you may be stuck with downloading

One thing I found that helped, download SP1, then download from there, SP1 took care of the a lot of the other patches available, IE also had a few service packs I think, download them first

Skip .net and the windows journal viewer, thats around 30 meg you don't need, also directx and WMP aren't needed most of the time, those are huge

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    i've been having a bit of a prob getting sp1 now. the size of the sp1 file i need to dl is around 34Meg. doesn't sound too big, but i'm on dialup. 34 meg is just over 2 hours on my dialup, however, the isp i'm with (freeserve) have decided to put 2 hour limits on their dialup accounts. therefore the dl cuts out right at the end when my connection goes down. after i reconnect, i try to resume the dl of sp1, however, it just goes right back to the start of the dl. this is a bit of a prob, i might just have to get the required file from someone with adsl. if only the file was a couple of meg smaller...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    Well, there is the full 133meg version of SP1 available from their site, you could use something like flashget to resume the download

Does it shut down after an idle 2hrs? because there are ways to keep a connection active

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    the freeserve connection shuts down after two hours no matter what you're doing. it's just a measure by freeserve to stop people downloading large files (just like in this case). i saw the huge version on download.com
    i don't know whether to get it myself and use a manager like you suggested, or just to ask someone who lives close by with adsl to get it for me (if you're listening tc... )

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123