Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Drivers

Please help me, i was trying to get doom3 to work yesterday, and i tried installing older nvidia drivers for my graphics card (GeForce 3Ti200), because david88, a member here, said he could get it to work with older drivers.
    I tried installing a few older versions and none of them worked, so i installed the 43.45 drivers again. However, when i restarted my system, there were NO nvidia drivers installed. Now, it won't let me remove the drivers in add/remove programs and it won't let me install the drivers. i've tried 43.45, 43.51, 42.68, 42.30 and 41.09. none of them work
    Please tell me i don't need to reinstall windows
    Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    You can change drivers in device manager>display adaptors> your adaptor>properties>driver tab. First try roll back to previous driver.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I had a similar problem

There is a program called Nasty File Remover, its not made by Nvidia, but is made to remove the files detonator drivers install, it searchs and allows you to find/delete nvidia files, all of them, I'd recommend running it in safe mode to get rid of all the files, windows locks them otherwise

http://www.etplanet.com/download/ati_nvidi...over)%200.6.exe is a dirrect download, or visit http://www.etplanet.com/download/ati_nvidia.shtm to find it and similar programs

Trust me, it works great, I'd give you the developers site, but he removed his site in protest of the war

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ok, thanks for the help guys, but i'm still having the problem.
    When i went into device manager, there was no mention of display adaptors I don't know why this should be.
    i had actually tried using both nfr and detonator rip before, but i never tried them in safe mode. the problem with nfr is that it only finds the nvidia files that are associated with my motherboard (asus a7n8x (nVidia nForce 2)), so i'd rather not delete those nVidia files
    thanks in advance for any more help

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Suggest you try using the Nvidia driver ver. 23.11. That driver seemed to be of high use to run with Doom 3. This is a Nvidia driver, not detonator driver. Since you have no record of a video card listed (device manager), perhaps using the "Add New Hardware' feature is called for. Get the driver, install and see if it picks up the card.

btw, what OS are you using?...and have you checked to see that you have the most recent version of DirectX for your system?
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@13 April 2003 - 23:29
    Please help me, i was trying to get doom3 to work yesterday, and i tried installing older nvidia drivers for my graphics card (GeForce 3Ti200), because david88, a member here, said he could get it to work with older drivers.
    I tried installing a few older versions and none of them worked, so i installed the 43.45 drivers again. However, when i restarted my system, there were NO nvidia drivers installed. Now, it won't let me remove the drivers in add/remove programs and it won't let me install the drivers. i've tried 43.45, 43.51, 42.68, 42.30 and 41.09. none of them work
    Please tell me i don't need to reinstall windows
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    I downloaded a new version from the official Nvidia site here!
    It's 17mb big! It is called: 431.45_win9x_international.exe

It worked for my Asus AGP v6800 DDR SGRAM card. Only i couldn't find the TV OUT (switch) option anymore... so uninstalled it again!
    I needed it for the game "The Thing"

Hope it helps!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I would go with the latest whql certified by microsoft.

I am using the latest detonator drivers also from nvidia, the 43.xx what ever they are... but the 42.xx some, that have also been certified by microsoft, seem to have less "issues" then the newer ones, or non whql certified ones.

Just uninstall your drivers... reboot, and windows xp, assuming you have that, should install the lastest whql nvidia drivers.

if it doesnt, hit up windows update, and you can get them there.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    sorry for the delay in response, been quite busy today
    i'll try and go through the replies in chronological order.
    corner pocket, i have windows xp home, and direct x9. i can't find 23.11 drivers on the nvidia site, so i'm gonna install the 28.84 version, just downloading them now.
    rocktron, i tried using those drivers but they wouldn't install
    schmiggy jk23, i can't actually uninstall my current drivers, cos xp doesn't think i have any
    thanks for the help guys, i hope these drivers will sort it out

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Here's a quick thought, do you have system restore on?

Try setting that back to the last time drivers worked

Also, think you could get the exact error message? it *could* be as simple as removing it from a list in windows

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@14 April 2003 - 17:30
    sorry for the delay in response, been quite busy today
    i'll try and go through the replies in chronological order.
    corner pocket, i have windows xp home, and direct x9. i can't find 23.11 drivers on the nvidia site, so i'm gonna install the 28.84 version, just downloading them now.
    Try this site, not all written in English but you can view the vid card models, OS versions and driver ver.

http://www.daytona.ru/download.htm
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast