Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soccer World rankings

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Thanks withcheese, I guess that makes sense why Costa Rica and Honduras are rated higher than say Scotland , because their in the same CONCACAF div.
    No, they're rated higher than us because we've been shite for years.

Things may be getting better tho'.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Thanks withcheese, I guess that makes sense why Costa Rica and Honduras are rated higher than say Scotland , because their in the same CONCACAF div.

Yup, mighty fine game you gave the Italiens i heard

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    if we win next wednesday I think we will be second. (dunno how often fifa updates their ranking)
    I think they update using the same correlation ratios as Audioscrobbler.

===

Btw, I don't think Holland will win teh World Cup - their team spirit always seems to suck so that when things go against them, they've no bottle to grind out results.

I see nothing to indicate that this current crop of talented individuals is any different.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Does the world rankings affect the seedings for the groups in the upcoming World Cup? Or will they seed the teams based on their actual ability?

And why the feck did Brazil have to qualify for the World Cup, they're the freakin' holders.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Does the world rankings affect the seedings for the groups in the upcoming World Cup? Or will they seed the teams based on their actual ability?

And why the feck did Brazil have to qualify for the World Cup, they're the freakin' holders.
    Basically they use the seedings only to rank the teams from the same continents. Each group, to qualify for the next round, has to have at least one team from the CONCACAF or Africa, a team from Europe and a team from S. America or Asia. It's something like that anyway.

Then the holders cannot be in the same group as the hosts and the S. American teams have to be kept apart. So it's to do with the FIFA seedings, but not really

As for Brazil having to qualify - it's bollocks, particularly after the Liverpool CL debacle.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

Yup, mighty fine game you gave the Italiens i heard
    More a battling performance than silky skill.

However to get a draw against Italy in a serious game is a feckin' amazing result. W Smith was actually disappointed when they equalized which is what we want to see.

Smith, Burns and McCoist went mental when we scored the opener, it was great to see true passion for the team. Engerland may wish to emulate this in their next manager.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Since he's not got much experience in managing any side, let alone an international side, I think David Beckham is doing okay in deciding on the Engerland tactics and team selection.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Since he's not got much experience in managing any side, let alone an international side, I think David Beckham is doing okay in deciding on the Engerland tactics and team selection.
    I think not, a lucky deflected goal against Wales (no offence manker) is little to crow about.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think not, a lucky deflected goal against Wales (no offence manker) is little to crow about.
    None taken, of course.

It's odd how Toshack keeps banging on about a rebuilding policy but the only thing he's done is stop picking Savage - who is the best Welsh midfielder by a mile - in favour of random lower league Cockneys who know their Dad 'is from somewhere Welsh'.

Other than that personality clash, he's picking the only players he can. Eight players retired from International football when Sparky left for Blackburn

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    I think it's a pity that Savage isn't playing, good player and plenty of spunk about him.

Perhaps Toshack should have a wee word with him a la Roy Keane return to the Irish fold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast