Thread: Process from download to dvd

I'm fairly new to downloading torrents off of bitcomet, so I was wondering how I can get my video files to play on a dvd. I have the files on my computer and they can play in the media player, but I don't know how to make a dvdplayer-friendly cd so that i can watch my files on a tv. I am assuming that I will need to convert my files to a different format. I was wondering: what programs will I need and are they downloadable? Any help is appreciated. Oh btw, sorry if this has been asked before; I scanned through a few pages of topics and didn't find anything of help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    n18's Avatar Death God
    If ur DVD player supports SVCD then you can convert them to that. Or just download DVD-Rs

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    afterdawn.com
    Last edited by Alien5; 09-05-2005 at 02:31 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ScottG's Avatar iPod Junkie
    Well this is what i do. I get a movie.. you know its usually .avi, .mpeg or any other movie format. And i convert/encode the movie with DivX to DVD converter. Its free.

DivX to DVD
    http://www.download.com/VSO-DivXtoDV...-10376028.html

This will convert your .avi/or other format movie to .VOB

This is the format you need to make a standard DVD

Now get a program (from bit torrent ) called Super DVD Creator 8
    *Its the one i use, nice, easy and i like it*

Put the .VOB files in the burn section and there you go! BURN AWAY!!

Quite easy after a while really. Make sure though you dont go over 4300MB when you burn though.. or else it will not work because it doesnt tell you. Just add up the MB before you burn.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ScottG, the DivX to DVD converter worked. But I'm running into problems with the Super DVD Creater 8 part. I've got a folder called VIDEO_TS. In the folder I have 7 files: VIDEO_TS, VIDEO_TS.BUP, VTS_01_0, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB. My first question is: do I need to burn all of those to my cd (or just the vob files)? Actually, I have tried both ways, but either way, when I browse for the files to add to the super dvd creator, none of my files are shown. In other words, I will click on the "add video file clip" button (the plus sign), and then I will open up the VIDEO_TS folder, and then there will be nothing in the folder. Hopefully that made sense to you.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ok from this point on its quite simple.

Open Super DVD Creator and Click Video Disc Burn.

Make sure DVD Disc is checked ONLY. Click OK.

Click the PLUS sign and open the folder DIVX to DVD, it should be in My Documents.

Everything you've converted is in that folder. Just click on what you would like to burn to DVD, once you do that you'll see another folder, VIDEO_TS.

Click on that and add the .VOB files to it.

Thats all you have to have, you'll have video and audio and your on your way!!

Hope that answered your question.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    one word winavi

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wow he's right.. just get WinAvi.. its so much better... faster conversion and everything! What a great program! Forget all my steps above lol

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG
    Wow he's right.. just get WinAvi.. its so much better... faster conversion and everything! What a great program! Forget all my steps above lol

Learn something new every day .