Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with Engine knowledge

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    fuck off ya tosser

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Anyone with carpet fitting knowledge?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    maybe thats who eugene is
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If you have a strong spark, good compression and the correct amount of fuel without flooding it and it still won't start, then it must not have the correct ignition timing.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Well first, probably cause it's a husky. Why do you think we ditched em at work?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Yeah I know , there's a reason they called "Huskys" it's cos they run the same way an old man does.......slowly and sluggishly
    I shuddered when he showed it to me, asked him if it runs he said "Yeah......kinda, bit spluttery at low revs"

@VB.... Yeah thats the only thing I can come up with, maybe I'll see if I can manually shift the timing by eye (no light gun), I've done it before on bikes but these things run a lot higher revs and there's a smaller margine for error.

Jonno

7. Lounge   -   #17
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Yeah I know , there's a reason they called "Huskys" it's cos they run the same way an old man does.......slowly and sluggishly
    I shuddered when he showed it to me, asked him if it runs he said "Yeah......kinda, bit spluttery at low revs"

@VB.... Yeah thats the only thing I can come up with, maybe I'll see if I can manually shift the timing by eye (no light gun), I've done it before on bikes but these things run a lot higher revs and there's a smaller margine for error.

Jonno
    The damn things were in for repairs more often than they were being run.

I don't know about engines though, so I can't help ya. Just wanted to point that out.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    If the color of the spark isn't light blue to nearly white, the spark is weak and you may try sanding the magnetic area on the flywheel and make sure there is no rust.

If that doesn't work you might pull the flywheel off and check the key between the flywheel and the crankshaft. If that key is sheared or partially sheared it could be throwing your timing off. (the key doesn't have to be completely sheared to keep it from running...just a slight slip could be troublesome) If it was me, I would just replace the key as they are most times pretty cheap. But make sure it is the right kind of key because that is a shear key designed to shear the key instead of twisting or breaking the crank shaft when you hit something with it.

Good luck with it.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    @Nik.... thanks for that

@Rosey... lol I did say I got new plug for it and yes it's a good spark
    As for the key, it's possible but unlikely as they generally ratchet as you pull it over, especially with the force and speed of a small engine like this but this has a clean well compressed turnover, but worth a look (IF I can find my flywheel extractor lol) thanks for the idea

@Gripper.. Yeah thats what Nik said ffs they could'nt even make a decnt bike can't beat a good old briggs and stratton engine, unbreakable

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-06-2005 at 11:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast