Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: help with building a computer

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    yeah my budget is pretty dead, more than it was when i first started all this mess so long ago.
    The computer industry loves you.
    but $850 does carry alot of weight.
    In Wal-Mart maybe...
    i may be able to squeeze that ram in, i see no complaints at all which shows it's a great performer. what do you think about the rest of my specs clocker? are they atleast decent enough to not make me think i was a complete idiot for spending so much on it?
    "Feeling like an idiot" is part of the deal.
    If you'd spent less, you'd feel that you'd shortchanged yourself.
    Spend more till you realize that's it's never going to be enough.

if all else fails is that offer to rent sprocket still up for sale ?
    The offer to rent her out may still be open but is not, nor has it ever been, for sale.
    That would make her little more than a common tart.
    She is hardly "common" although her propensitity to tartiness is not in dispute.

A matter of degree she insists upon.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #82
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    heh ur post always make me laugh one way or the other. never enough, is all too true.

i didnt want to use the word "grabs" instead of sale, i mean she probably wouldnt like to be fondled in such a way.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #83
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    I'm gonna recommend this Patriot RAM one more time and then shut up.
    It will significantly outperform the Mushkin for a paltry premium.

As for Vista...
    Making a buying decision now based on possible Vista-use in the future is hopeless.
    Especially at your budget level.
    Personally, it appears that the whole Vista/M2 socket package is going to be a total clusterfuck at release- major cash outlay for dubious performance advantage.
    This will change as the platform(s) develop naturally, but trying to be an "early adopter" into this upcoming cycle seems like a bigger risk than usual.

Clocker is a huge fan of patriot RAM...Maybe he works for them, you never know.

Although I have to admit patriot does make good RAM
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #84
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Clocker is a huge fan of technology that works and the Patriot really does.
    I am not an employee.

Over the past several months we have seen a significant degradation in Mushkin performance/compatability, especially with the lower priced modules.
    The Blue Line used to be a safe recommendation for everyone up to the fanatic overclocker but that is no longer the case...the Patriot has supplanted it in our shop.

My recommendations about hardware are typically based on personal experience, not financial gain.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #85
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    seeing as how u have gone through all types of designs, pieces yourself, and help people worse than me and just like me all day, i always valued your advice. i know i cant keep pace with sprocket, but if i can have a nice performer im happy. that knowledge about mushkin def makes me rethink my choice. thanks again

edit: well it's not in my budget to make it to your recommended ram however i did stay with the same brand and go with 1gb Patriot Ram

edit2: man, well a friend alerted me that it'd be foolish to pay 314 for a card that's not quite as good as the 7900gt thats 359 and plays like a 7800gtx. so ive changed the vidcard to a 7900gt now.
    Last edited by ApacNTS; 03-22-2006 at 01:25 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789