Thread: Disc issues (dvd)

Hey guys! Using the advice of some awesome people in this forum, I downloaded Super DVD Creator 8.0, put my .vob files into the burn seciton thingy, and burned away! Everytime I try to burn though, I am doing great until this message shows up on my progress-"no media inserted." Shortly afterward a little popup labeled 'warning' comes up saying: "Can't start burner function. Please make sure that you have inserted a Writable DVD disc, and Selected the available DVD Burner device. And then try again." The popup gives me the choice to 'retry' or 'cancel.' I've tried both options. I am convinced that the problem has nothing to do with my disc. I just opened up a new pack of Teon DVD-R discs, fresh from Staples. I am at a loss to figure out why in the world this thing isn't working. Help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ScottG's Avatar iPod Junkie
    Ok when your adding the .VOB files, make sure that the files dont go over the size of 4300 MB. Thats the problem i was having. Add up the # of MB's and then burn and it should work just fine.. BTW i used to use the same thing, but i've recently switched over to WinAvi.. converts and burns faster than Super DVD creator 8! Very nice and simple program.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG
    Ok when your adding the .VOB files, make sure that the files dont go over the size of 4300 MB. Thats the problem i was having. Add up the # of MB's and then burn and it should work just fine.. BTW i used to use the same thing, but i've recently switched over to WinAvi.. converts and burns faster than Super DVD creator 8! Very nice and simple program.
    Yep I think it went over 4300 MB...so maybe I'll try that other program instead. Thanks.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    When I make my personal DVDs (from DivX Dlds or HandyCam vids),
    I always let them go up to 9GB, the when all the work is done, I just use CloneDVD
    to burn it to a 4.5GB Disc.

btw: someone is going to move this tread soon.
    Last edited by worldpease; 09-07-2005 at 10:51 PM.