Thread: Gta: -Vice-City- Radio Stations

SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Does any one know how to get the Radio stations on the 500mb version to work?

Ps- I like having the radio stations

Help is Greatly Appreciated.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    download cd2 of vice city.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    I can't find it.

Scratch that found it getting it now thanks
    Last edited by SirGray; 09-07-2005 at 03:53 AM.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

4. Games   -   #4
    no prob. basically what you do is either mount it (daemon tools) or burn a copy of it, then before you start vice city put the disc in (mount it) and then start vice city, the game will automatically recognize the cd and all the audio in the game will work, including radio stations to the voice acting in all the cutscenes.

5. Games   -   #5
    He has the 500MB Rip version, getting CD2 will do nothing, he will need to get CD1 and CD2 and reinstall the game. Next time, refrain from giving infomation unless you know what you are talking about. He may be able to copy over the audio files from CD2 but on a rip thats gonna cause issues.

While installing the real Vice City you are asking if you want to install the radio stations to your computer or read them from the disc. What the rip does is install them but instead of them being real audio files of like 500-700MB worth they are blank files of 1KB big each. The game reads the file and instead of playing sounds it just plays nothing because the 1KB files contain no data.

6. Games   -   #6
    Umm no peerz wrong again. I posted because I do know what I'm talking about, I had the exact same rip (500 mb) because back then I couldn't afford to download 2 cd's on 56k. It played like shit because there was no audio during cutscenes or no Radio. Then one day my friend gave me a copy of Vice City, however it couldn't install due to a Cyclic Redundancy Error (look in movieworld). I got really pissed and forgot to take out CD2, I went about setting up the rip of the game again and played it, and to my shock (and amazement) CD2 must have thought that the whole game was installed and the audio worked fine, including radio stations, cutscene voiceovers, etc.

7. Games   -   #7
    All rip's i've seen have all the files pre installed then just the large files replaced with smaller empty versions with the same file name.

8. Games   -   #8
    Ya, that's basically what rips are, to try and make the game as small as possible. But if it worked for me (considering it's the exact same rip that I got), then it should work for him or anyone else.