Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is An NZB File

what is a .nzb file ? never seen that
    Bluegrass Forums - Loco Macheen & Dewayn Bro's - Thread Games
    Link2Share - DMOZ style link directory, free to add your sites
    Acrylic on Plexiglass - Abstract Painting on plexiglass

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    An NZB file has all the information, files etc to download the whole thing (APP, Movie, TV ep etc) so everything that has been posted you can download.

Using NZB's is a heck of a lot easier than trying to find all the parts

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    still doesn't help me,, i dl'd this file and my pc doesn't read it... why don't u guys just use emule for everthing ?
    Bluegrass Forums - Loco Macheen & Dewayn Bro's - Thread Games
    Link2Share - DMOZ style link directory, free to add your sites
    Acrylic on Plexiglass - Abstract Painting on plexiglass

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by </end>
    still doesn't help me,, i dl'd this file and my pc doesn't read it... why don't u guys just use emule for everthing ?
    Simply because eMule suxz by comparison to Usenet...

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by </end>
    Open it with newsleecher, grabbit, or another news reading program.
    eMule is soooo slow and shitty compared to usenet.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Associate it with your newsreader, if you don't know how to do that then anything else will be too complicated for you to understand.

Simply double click on the nbz file, your newsreader will open and download all the rar and par files you need. Assuming your supplier includes the group which the nbz files relate to.

Nothing could be easier or faster. Any other type of file sharing is pedestrian in comparison.

Oh and there are no ratios to worry about. You just download like buggery.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    BRock911's Avatar BRock911
    Hey all. What exactly is a NZB file, how does it work, what can I do with it? Thanx all. B

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    I was searching for this information too and did some search and I won't use this program since you have to pay for a usenet or whatever I prefer torrents , too bad because there's something I found on this site that I really liked , the Atlanta Dvd of Destiny's Child

Here's a link to some informations

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t96357.html

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Actually here's one more link

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=69159

I even try it since Grabit is free but I got File not found while trying to download files from an Nzb file !

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    You don't have to pay for premium newsgroup/usenet access, since most ISPs provide it to some degree.
    Indeed, in the UK you'll get a great feed from Blueyonder and possibly NTL - Tesco use NTL's servers and their retention appears to be about 10 days and completion is in the high 90s.
    Notable exceptions to this are Wanadoo in the UK, AOL (you could never get binaries from them anyway), and Rogers who have all dropped usenet access completely.

As regards the problem of 'file not found'... well, there are several possible reasons:
    1. Poor service. Some ISPs just don't care for a service that generates no income and sucks bandwidth big time so although they may carry a few binary groups, completion can be woeful. One ISP that comes to mind here is BT. If this is your problem you've either got to pay for a premium usenet service or change ISP.
    2. Poor retention. Most ISPs have a 3 or 4 day retention period for binaries, so if an NZB is posted several days after the article was posted to a newsgroup then it will have 'fallen off' these servers. Premium services generally have a retention of 30 days +.
    3. Limited access. By this I mean that ISPs don't carry all groups, especially if they weren't created in the acceptable manner. Most likely its a case of the ISP deciding not to carry highly active groups; a.b.boneless, a.b.nl & a.b.w.quebec-hackers are just 3 that I've found missing from ISP services, but many dvd groups are not carried due to the activity on them. The good news here is that you can usually request groups to be added, although if you do this just to grab a certain post, chances are it won't be added in time for you to get it unless there's a repost.

I hope this clarifies the situation somewhat.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast