Thread: Newbie Guide To D/l Games For Pc

Only downloaded audio and video files so far. Is there a guide somewhere for downloading games for the pc and how to burn to CD and play etc.

2. Games   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    :rtfaq:

It'll answer at least some of your questions.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Games   -   #3
    READ the FAQ, but for the record, Get K-Lite, D/L and use NERO to Burn the Image, install, copy crack to folder & play

~-- patience just takes practice --~

4. Games   -   #4
    Thanks for that - apologies for my ignorance - but what is the crack and where do I copy it to?

5. Games   -   #5
    sumtimes a craxk is a .exe that you run instead of the orginal .exe file which has bits of the code missing out ie to look up serials and 2 check for a cd in the cd drive, you can get them off emule and kazaa lite. most of the time they wil have a readme document with it that teachers you what to do with that file. happy gaming

6. Games   -   #6
    Hey, a word of advice be wary of No-cd cracks on kazaa. Very often they can contain VIRUSES and u dont want 2 take that chance. Unless the crack is included in the download ( often the case with bin files) i would try gamecopyworld they have loads

7. Games   -   #7
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    www.megagames.com has a huge array of cracks, almost for any game.

As for finding games, I've personally never successfully downloaded a game from Kazaa that is more than 1 CD. They are just hard to find and the posted hashes don't give sources (usually). However, there are a few things to keep in mind when searching for games on Kazaa.

1) Most games are released for the eDonkey network of mIRC. In the first case, the releaser's name will always be in the filename. Popular release groups are Fairlight, Deviance and ShareReactor. Popular game crackers are Deviance, Fairlight and GimpRus.

2) Most games are CD images - ISO, BIN/CUE or CCD. Some are EXEs. Therefore, you always have to search under Everything, not under software.

3) To verify the filesize of a game, go to www.sharereactor.com or a similar site which already has a lot of games and you will know the exact filesize of the image. You can use the verifieds on this board, but there's only a narrow selection of files.

4) If a game normally takes 2 CDs then don't try to download a file under the same name that takes up 1 or less CDs. It's usually a fake or another game.

8. Games   -   #8
    Well said YNHockey

Good advice given by all

Don't worry Westender, every1 was a NOOB once

~-- patience just takes practice --~

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@15 April 2003 - 21:19
    www.megagames.com has a huge array of cracks, almost for any game.

As for finding games, I've personally never successfully downloaded a game from Kazaa that is more than 1 CD. They are just hard to find and the posted hashes don't give sources (usually). However, there are a few things to keep in mind when searching for games on Kazaa.

1) Most games are released for the eDonkey network of mIRC. In the first case, the releaser's name will always be in the filename. Popular release groups are Fairlight, Deviance and ShareReactor. Popular game crackers are Deviance, Fairlight and GimpRus.

2) Most games are CD images - ISO, BIN/CUE or CCD. Some are EXEs. Therefore, you always have to search under Everything, not under software.

3) To verify the filesize of a game, go to www.sharereactor.com or a similar site which already has a lot of games and you will know the exact filesize of the image. You can use the verifieds on this board, but there's only a narrow selection of files.

4) If a game normally takes 2 CDs then don't try to download a file under the same name that takes up 1 or less CDs. It's usually a fake or another game.
    YNHOCKEY...you say that sharereactor.com is a site to take alook at, i just wanted to know what the other sites are that you said were simlar.

10. Games   -   #10
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    YNHOCKEY...you say that sharereactor.com is a site to take alook at, i just wanted to know what the other sites are that you said were simlar.
    www.filenexus.com - good forum.
    www.musicdonkey.net - only music and it's almost useless, but it still has links.
    www.sharereactor.ru - Russian movies (site in Russian).
    www.ac3guru.com

meh, sry, i can't find any big ones right now 'cause i always use ShareReactor myself but search Google and use the 4 sites i provided above if you want.

oh wait, i forgot a good one...

www.nforce.nl

I don't think this site has actual releases (or if it does i don't know how to access them), but they have all the filesizes for all releases plus the .NFO files.