Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I built my first computer quick questions!!!

No you miss understood me I can get into my bios with nothing installed. I just want to download me windows xp and test it on the computer just to see if the computer actually works. And hey this was my first computer and the only mistake I made was the graphics card slot so leave me alone about that everyone makes mistakes and I make a small one I didn't spend much on the graphics card because it was only a 6600 nvidia. Some of you people just like to put people down. I posted a while back about building computers and all I got was shit saying I couldn't do it. And guess what I fucking built my computer.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n
    -----------------------------------

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    No you miss understood me I can get into my bios with nothing installed. I just want to download me windows xp and test it on the computer just to see if the computer actually works. And hey this was my first computer and the only mistake I made was the graphics card slot so leave me alone about that everyone makes mistakes and I make a small one I didn't spend much on the graphics card because it was only a 6600 nvidia. Some of you people just like to put people down. I posted a while back about building computers and all I got was shit saying I couldn't do it. And guess what I fucking built my computer.

Any money is lost money, and a 6600 aint a bad card. Checking your slots against your buys is a mistake no one should make as it takes about 30 seconds to check to see if they are compatible. You might have built a computer but you wasted money and made key mistakes.

Checking on EBuyer, a 6600 rangers from about £80 to £150, to me thats a lot of money. Thats an extra GB of ram, or another 200GB hard drive.

You built a computer, but it was half assed and you made massive mistakes just because you didn't bother to read. Also formatting Windows is a question that has been asked thousands of times on this forum, how come you didn't use the search feature? Google? Infact if you can build a computer, how you don't know how to install Windows and format a computer. It's like learning how to download without ever using a computer before

Also i 'misunderstood' you because your typing and spelling is shyte at best. Do you not use punctation and paragraphs where you live?
    Last edited by Peerzy; 09-10-2005 at 07:04 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Well done imasoldier,so you made mistakes,you've built your first comp,we all make mistakes,I learned from asking questions,even if they seem stupid to some,can't all be perfect.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Well done imasoldier,so you made mistakes,you've built your first comp,we all make mistakes,I learned from asking questions,even if they seem stupid to some,can't all be perfect.

Yes, don't get me wrong building a computer isn't easy. It's just that the mistake he made could have been avoided if he had spent 30seconds reading a website.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

Yes, don't get me wrong building a computer isn't easy.
    Yes it is.
    Picking the right combination of parts and then getting it all configured are the tricky bits.
    If imasoldier made a mistake at least it will be rectified before it leaves his hands ( I'm assuming that's why the drive must be wiped).

You seem a bit cranky over this Peerzy, wake up on the wrong side of the fjord this morning?
    Last edited by clocker; 09-11-2005 at 07:38 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    I found the one thing that makes me more careful is making a mistake that cost me money,what I found when I first started is that my enthusiasm would run away with me,I had to learn to slow down,check and check again.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    [QUOTE=clocker]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Yes it is.
    Picking the right combination of parts and then getting it all configured are the tricky bits.
    If imasoldier made a mistake at least it will be rectified before it leaves his hands ( I'm assuming that's why the drive must be wiped).

You seem a bit cranky over this Peerzy, wake up on the wrong side of the fjord this morning?

Rather the fact that the prision guard only gives me 30 minutes a day on the computer, my cage i find helps me chill out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Your an idiot. Did you fail to even check what slots the mobo you were buying had and were forced to spend more money
    Peerzy is an idiot for pointing out that imasoldier was one (Which he wasn't. He's just learning).

And can't even do so without spelling You're correctly.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Your an idiot. Did you fail to even check what slots the mobo you were buying had and were forced to spend more money
    Peerzy is an idiot for pointing out that imasoldier was one (Which he wasn't. He's just learning).

And can't even do so without spelling You're correctly.

You're not allowed to start a sentance with 'and' He is an idiot, he wasn't learning, he failed to read a webpage and check to see if his parts would fit. What Mobo doesn't have a PCI slot. Did he get it from the 80's by chance?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    gsky
    im sure by pci he means pci express and by vga he means agp,
    Quote Originally Posted by PEERZY
    What Mobo doesn't have a PCI slot.
    no one buys pci video cards anymore, now that would be dumb
    Last edited by gsky; 09-10-2005 at 09:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast