Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: limewire

  1. #1
    terryco
    Guest
    can anyone help with a problem? if i download anything from limewire,for say 30 mins or more,i lose my internet connection, the new and the old versions do the same. i have xp with sp2 and mcafee firewall which i dissable while downloading. i have used kazaa, grokster and imesh and this problem does not happen. i would be obliged for any advice.

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshir
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,008
    never ever disable your firewall when d/loading,you should be able to use the filter option to allow limewire to work,try uninstalling it and clean it out of your registry,with a registry cleaner,then try re-installing it,if you can't get it to work,try shareaza which is nice and easy to work with,but you should learn to use torrents,much faster and less fakes

    All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Never had that problem with 4.2.98 . But listen to gripper don't shutdown your firewall.
    Its just a setting you'v missed. Have you checked the help files ?
    .

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    ive never had problems with any lime wire. try un-installing and re-installing.

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    LimeWire works perfectly for me.

    But, when I use it all other 'internet applications' slows down.
    My assumption is, that it requires a significant amount of RAM.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the poopdeck
    Posts
    1,937
    either that or more likely you aren't limiting your outgoing bandwidth to under 80% max

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    never ever disable your firewall when d/loading,you should be able to use the filter option to allow limewire to work,try uninstalling it and clean it out of your registry,with a registry cleaner,then try re-installing it,if you can't get it to work,try shareaza which is nice and easy to work with,but you should learn to use torrents,much faster and less fakes
    Man, that's alot of commas.

    Peace bd

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshir
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,008
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    never ever disable your firewall when d/loading,you should be able to use the filter option to allow limewire to work,try uninstalling it and clean it out of your registry,with a registry cleaner,then try re-installing it,if you can't get it to work,try shareaza which is nice and easy to work with,but you should learn to use torrents,much faster and less fakes
    Man, that's alot of commas.

    Peace bd
    Yeah I,m crap with punctuation and paragraphs.
    I've been in a waking comma most of my adult life

    All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Next To Automated Alice
    Posts
    11,489
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie

    Man, that's alot of commas.

    Peace bd
    Yeah I,m crap with punctuation and paragraphs.
    I've been in a waking comma most of my adult life
    I admire your post. It's gotta be a world record!
    I haven never cared about such matters.

    It seems to me that gramatarians prefer form over function.
    (the form should never be considered more important than
    the function.)

    Peace bd

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    fractal's Avatar geekette
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    23
    I don't use limewire, but I know that with sp2 and some p2p progs, there's the infamous tcp/ip connection limit.

    look in your Event Viewer, System, and look for any event ID's of 4226.
    if you see some, google for the event id 4226 patch.
    Last edited by fractal; 10-06-2005 at 06:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •