Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Northern Ireland kick's off again

  1. #1
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshir
    Age
    53
    Posts
    11,008
    http://www.ntlworld.com/news/story_u...toryid=6143182

    thought we'd put all this behind us,why can't people just get along

    All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Port Dover
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by gripper103.2
    why can't people just get along
    In this case as in many others........Religion.

    The orange people (umpa lumpa's) could'nt get down a road so instead of just moaning they called for help and trashed the place. Just shows where their beliefs lie......not in peace or tranquility but in violence and hurt.

    Jonno

    Edit: In fact, why do they have to have these marches? I mean you got all these years of fighting between the 2 factions yet they still insist on marching through teritory which is deemed "Unsafe" for them. Personally I see it as a wind up, an attempt to see if they can get a response. They know full well what can happen when they go on a march, simple advice would be "Don't go on a march in that area".
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 09-11-2005 at 12:37 PM.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    simple advice would be "Don't go on a march in that area".
    Why shouldn't they? It's all the same country isn't it? Why do others object?

    When l was a little kid we often visited our Catholic family members in Belfast, and they, and all the neighbours would stand in the street and wave at the Orange parades.
    Sig Removed...too clever

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    simple advice would be "Don't go on a march in that area".
    Why shouldn't they? It's all the same country isn't it? Why do others object?

    When l was a little kid we often visited our Catholic family members in Belfast, and they, and all the neighbours would stand in the street and wave at the Orange parades.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Sig Removed...too clever

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Port Dover
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,767
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    simple advice would be "Don't go on a march in that area".
    Why shouldn't they? It's all the same country isn't it? Why do others object?

    When l was a little kid we often visited our Catholic family members in Belfast, and they, and all the neighbours would stand in the street and wave at the Orange parades.
    And your point is?
    The FACT is that the orange march often starts trouble, reguardless of which side actually starts. So the best thing to do is don't cross the territory, they are 2 seperate peoples whether right or wrong thats a fact and they know by marching through the other factions area can cause trouble.
    Got naff all to do with "Why should'nt they" they should'nt because it causes trouble. Duh.

    Jonno

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Jonno,

    He's trolling, you know that as well as I do.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Port Dover
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,767
    Yeah I know, so am I



    Jonno

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    The FACT is that the orange march often starts trouble, reguardless of which side actually starts. So the best thing to do is don't cross the territory, they are 2 seperate peoples whether right or wrong thats a fact and they know by marching through the other factions area can cause trouble.
    Got naff all to do with "Why should'nt they" they should'nt because it causes trouble. Duh.

    Jonno
    Bullshit! They're the SAME people from the SAME country, if they were allowed to march in THEIR country there would be no trouble, unless the other side started it. So why should they be stopped from doing something they have been doing since 1796?
    Sig Removed...too clever

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Jonno,

    He's trolling, you know that as well as I do.

    Sig Removed...too clever

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •