Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Ireland kick's off again

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    tsk children purleeeeze!!!

Actually, this thread makes me consider that this is precisely why different factions and groups cannot seem to get along together. Each has their own view and is unwilling or unable to even acknowledge that others might have a point. Intolerance and bigotry on all sides (even if only purpotrated by a few) will inevitably (it seems) lead to violence, either of words or actions.

The 'agree to disagree' mantra is not operating well within the confines of this forum, so what hope is there in the real world?
    Agreeing to disagree won't help.

I disagree with your right to walk down that road.
    I respect your right to disagree with us walking down that road.

c.f.

Would you mind still going on the march but walking down a different road, just to avoid the bother, like.
    Yeah, okay.

Compromise is the only solution.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by whypikonme
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I take it you believe the KKK should have every right to march through deprived areas of Georgia too?
    How the fuck can you compare Irish Protestants to the KKK?
    Simple.

The Orange Order is a politically motivated organisation that opposes the Good Friday Agreement for starters, and many members are also members of loyalist paramilitary groups.

It celebrates the defeat of the Catholics in Ireland and until quite recently was quite open about Nationalist/Catholic suppresion in Ulster. They considered Nationalists to be traitors, pure and simple.

The fact is that until the 60s, the Catholics did have less rights than Protestants in Ulster. No one can actually deny that, they were the underclass.

The KKK is a younger organisation that is also based upon the politics of keeping a section of society down.. in this case non-whites.

The protestant paramilitary murdered catholics.

The KKK murdered blacks.

How is it that you cant see the similarity?

I say again... if you support Orangemen marching through Catholic, Nationalist areas; by definition you also support Nationalists marching through Loyalist areas and the KKK marching through Black areas.

Personally, i quite support any organisation to march for that which they believe in... even the ones i despise like the KKK or BNP.

I do however draw the line on them marching through areas where they are hated and despised.. that is just fanning the flames of hatred for no other reason than they want to cause trouble.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Eight Words the Wiccan Rede Fulfil! An It Harm None, Do What You Will

This is how it should be,but I'm sad to admit that there will always be factions of people who's sole purpose in life is to cause pain and suffering wherever they go and gain enjoyment from doing it

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    whypikonme's Avatar Unemployable
    I say again... if you support Orangemen marching through Catholic, Nationalist areas; by definition you also support Nationalists marching through Loyalist areas and the KKK marching through Black areas.
    What a stupid, puerile thing to say, l would have thought better of you.
    Sig Removed...too clever

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    What a stupid, puerile thing to say, l would have thought better of you.
    Why?

You are the one that seems to think one type of baseless hatred is better than another.

I'm saying thay're all pretty fucked up.

My Great Grandad was an Orangeman.. my Grandad was disowned for marrying a Catholic. They really are all for the community huh?
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-12-2005 at 08:54 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    You are the one that seems to think one type of baseless hatred is better than another.
    lt gets worse and worse ... any more baseless shit?

Talk about putting words in one's mouth!
    Sig Removed...too clever

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!

If you're gonna dissagree with something it's always better to have a reason for it and to state that reason.

To simply make comments about how good or not a post is.......well.....is a bit silly really.

Jonno

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene

If you're gonna dissagree with something it's always better to have a reason for it and to state that reason.

To simply make comments about how good or not a post is.......well.....is a bit silly really.

Jonno
    You know, one day Jonno, you'll read what's going on and make a sensible post.
    Sig Removed...too clever

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49

I did say that it appeared that way, not that it was.

This is because you have yet to give one reason why the Orange Order in Ulster is different.

Merely stating "thats crap" without any reasons why it is so.. doesnt make it so.

There is plenty of evidence concerning the history of the Orange Order in Ireland, it shouldnt be a problem.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    This is because you have yet to give one reason why the Orange Order in Ulster is different.
    So what you're saying then, is that lynching black people, and tying them to the backs of pick-up trucks and dragging them through the streets, and burning their houses down, is the same as men and boys marching through the streets banging drums and waving flags?

Weird!
    Sig Removed...too clever

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast