Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated With Bs

How come everytime i try to load a movie with that BSplayer, the player freezes? Does it take it a wile to load long movies or something. I wate for a couple of min, and then i just do a foce quit. Any ideas. Also, i heard BSplayer is better then Windows media, in respect to audio sync probles...any other players i should get, in case i cant get BS to work?
    Thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    It could be your codecs. Bad codecs will freeze any player.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Zoom Player is a good alternative. In my opinion the best player around.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Don't know why you're having troubles with BSPlayer. It has never let me down.

You can also try Media Player Classic.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Ill check out zoomplayer. I also got this other one called videoLAN...it seems to be working realy well. Thanks for the help!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by strawz@14 April 2003 - 13:42
    Also, i heard BSplayer is better then Windows media, in respect to audio sync probles...any other players i should get, in case i cant get BS to work?
    I wonder why all the hype about different players. Yes, they do have different features, but they won't play a movie any better or worse. The movie will play if you have the correct codecs, nothing more, nothing less.
    Proud member of MDS

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by Jibbler+15 April 2003 - 00:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 15 April 2003 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--strawz@14 April 2003 - 13:42
    Also, i heard BSplayer is better then Windows media, in respect to audio sync probles...any other players i should get, in case i cant get BS to work?
    I wonder why all the hype about different players. Yes, they do have different features, but they won&#39;t play a movie any better or worse. The movie will play if you have the correct codecs, nothing more, nothing less. [/b][/quote]
    True to a point but...
    One example I could bring is VideoLan, has codec built as some others do.
    If can&#39;t get XviD to work for you it&#39;ll do it bit it gets choppy.

Although with the correct codec lined up the best player with the least freezing, crashing,
    will always be WMP (slightly), though I&#39;ve heard BS may load faster it is not as smOOth.
    Players are actually all a waste if your only interest is to watch.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by REALITY+15 April 2003 - 05:54--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 15 April 2003 - 05:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Jibbler@15 April 2003 - 00:36
    <!--QuoteBegin--strawz
    @14 April 2003 - 13:42

I wonder why all the hype about different players. Yes, they do have different features, but they won&#39;t play a movie any better or worse. The movie will play if you have the correct codecs, nothing more, nothing less.
    True to a point but...

Although with the correct codec lined up the best player with the least freezing, crashing,
    will always be WMP (slightly), though I&#39;ve heard BS may load faster it is not as smOOth.
    Players are actually all a waste if your only interest is to watch. [/b][/quote]
    The only real issue and why people state to use another player is system resources. If a person has very little RAM using WMP is not the best, it uses more system resources than any other player. BS and Divx Lunacy use far less resources and for those who may have a system resource issue they are excellent alternatives. Both of you must understand that each PC is different, depending on the speed of the processor and the available amount of RAM different players may be essential. However all to often it is a codec issue, uninstalling all codecs and using the latest k-lite codec pack seems to be the best bet.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy+15 April 2003 - 15:24--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShareDaddy @ 15 April 2003 - 15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -REALITY@15 April 2003 - 05:54
    Originally posted by -Jibbler@15 April 2003 - 00:36
    <!--QuoteBegin--strawz
    @14 April 2003 - 13:42

I wonder why all the hype about different players. Yes, they do have different features, but they won&#39;t play a movie any better or worse. The movie will play if you have the correct codecs, nothing more, nothing less.

True to a point but...

Players are actually all a waste if your only interest is to watch.
    The only real issue and why people state to use another player is system resources. If a person has very little RAM using WMP is not the best, it uses more system resources than any other player. BS and Divx Lunacy use far less resources and for those who may have a system resource issue they are excellent alternatives. Both of you must understand that each PC is different, depending on the speed of the processor and the available amount of RAM different players may be essential. However all to often it is a codec issue, uninstalling all codecs and using the latest k-lite codec pack seems to be the best bet. [/b][/quote]
    Good point, BS does take less resources.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    strawz,

I have the same problem. My BSplayer freezes and displays the below error message each time I want to play movie (Avi);

" BSPlayer v0.86.493, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00000000
    If you click &#39;Close&#39; application will be terminated.
    Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
    Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000
    EAccessViolation
    , 0x004B48EF, 0x004B4B69, 0x004520BF, 0x0044972A, 0x77D67B17, 0x77D6CDCE, 0x77D44435, 0x77D44D38, 0x004C62AF, 0x77E7EB69 "

BSplayer was my favorite player before I started having this problem recently. Can someone please help here
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast