Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's immigration policy

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    It sucks.

IMO it doesn't. My concern has always been that the immigrants that are here illegally are often exploited. And you don't go to the police for help when you are in a country illegally. All sorts of crimes can be committed against you and you have nowhere to turn. Your employer can take terrible advantage of you and you have nowhere to turn.

After reading this Immigration Policy I have to admit, it makes sense and seems to address a lot of concerns I have had.

I still don't like the man, though.
    You know.....my company has mission statements too.

Hey Evey, if you read s'more, you'll find that Bush has tons great policies that work best for many others too.

If You Google, Intelligence Will Come
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

IMO it doesn't. My concern has always been that the immigrants that are here illegally are often exploited. And you don't go to the police for help when you are in a country illegally. All sorts of crimes can be committed against you and you have nowhere to turn. Your employer can take terrible advantage of you and you have nowhere to turn.

After reading this Immigration Policy I have to admit, it makes sense and seems to address a lot of concerns I have had.

I still don't like the man, though.

Have you bothered to read it, or this before passing judgment? If so, in your own words, you must be spending a lot of time 'on the shitter' lately. So...a mission statement should be disregarded?

Hey Evey, if you read s'more, you'll find that Bush has tons great policies that work best for many others too.

Do you mean that this policy actually works best for more than one side, Busy? When has that started to become a bad thing?

Well, it would be much easier for me to google than for you to take a laxative.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Have you bothered to read it, or this before passing judgment? If so, in your own words, you must be spending a lot of time 'on the shitter' lately. So...a mission statement should be disregarded?
    I read some of it and it gets a so what. Mission statement are just that. Application is another story. A porous border shits on mission statements.

Do you mean that this policy actually works best for more than one side, Busy? When has that started to become a bad thing?
    Insert sarcasm, Evey. There are good things written on many websites. Would you believe or and/or vote for someone based on their mission statement?

Uh yeah...mmk. So by the Bush website, he has good immigration policies?

Good googling that Evey!!!
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-15-2005 at 03:43 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    I read some of it and it gets a so what. Mission statement are just that.

Would you agree a mission statement states intention? Why would you not want to read all of a President's mission statement on something as important as this? Guess I can't imagine that, Busy. Anyone has a mission statement that effects me, I read it. How else would I know how whether it is being applied or not?

Application is another story. A porous border shits on mission statements. I disagree. The porous border exists and has for decades. His policy acknowledges that and deals with it. I happen to care about the people dying in the Arizona desert, but then.......that is not your problem, right?

Insert sarcasm, Evey. There are good things written on many websites. Would you believe or and/or vote for someone based on their mission statement?

I am sorry. Where did you pull that from? Who is talking about voting for him here? I am talking about a policy that just may work. You, without reading it, have already dismissed it, but then you have already said the people dying in the deserts of our country are not our problem because they shouldn't be here in the first place, but also state it is a porous border. I suspect you haven't bothered to read his policy.

If you want a policy written by Bush where do you go, Busy? You see, I find it pretty tedious to get through a lot of propaganda from either side. It is getting pretty damn old and repetitive and bothersome. I go straight for the policy itself. There is no shame in that. The shame is to have prejudices against a policy you haven't even read and won't even bother to read because it is on the website of the man who wrote it. Sheesh.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    I read some of it and it gets a so what. Mission statement are just that.

Would you agree a mission statement states intention? Why would you not want to read all of a President's mission statement on something as important as this? Guess I can't imagine that, Busy. Anyone has a mission statement that effects me, I read it. How else would I know how whether it is being applied or not?

Mission statements are propaganda. They can be true or not. Action speaks louder.

Application is another story. A porous border shits on mission statements. I disagree. The porous border exists and has for decades. His policy acknowledges that and deals with it. I happen to care about the people dying in the Arizona desert, but then.......that is not your problem, right?

Stating a policy is not dealing with it. Investigate how it is put into practice. Stop them from coming over in the first place.

I am sorry. Where did you pull that from? Who is talking about voting for him here? I am talking about a policy that just may work. You, without reading it, have already dismissed it, but then you have already said the people dying in the deserts of our country are not our problem because they shouldn't be here in the first place, but also state it is a porous border. I suspect you haven't bothered to read his policy.

Those are people that don't belong here anyway. They take a risk. It is not our job to help them but stop them from putting themselves at risk in the first place.

If you want a policy written by Bush where do you go, Busy? You see, I find it pretty tedious to get through a lot of propaganda from either side. It is getting pretty damn old and repetitive and bothersome. I go straight for the policy itself. There is no shame in that. The shame is to have prejudices against a policy you haven't even read and won't even bother to read because it is on the website of the man who wrote it. Sheesh.
    Oh I read it.
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-15-2005 at 01:52 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    for those that think us immigration policy is great could you please send me a green card.
    thanks in advance.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    Well, Busy, I don't hope to change how you feel about this.

I know a lot of people feel like.......so what? they shouldn't be here. It is not our problem. They would rather spend money flying them back into Mexico from Tucson on an almost daily basis, just to watch the same ones come back through the next week. Why did Bush even bother to try to find a better way to deal with this? A compromise. A policy that would involve tightening the borders and allowing work permits?

And it is not like their basic needs are not being met by our government. Basic security, no. Protection from family or outside abuse? No. Continued education for their children that were raised here? No. But at least the children of illegal immigrants are getting free breakfast, lunch and milk through the Federal and State Child Nutrition Programs. You don't have to have a social security number to receive those. And at least they are getting all the free health care they need, since most new arrivals are low income and qualify for free health care, and you don't need a social security number for those, either. Been the case for many years.

According to some people.....we are doing way too much for these illegal aliens.

Other people say the 'Republicans' (must be the Republicans, because from what I read, they are the only ones looking out for business interests. Do democrats own any big businesses? Doesn't seem that way to me. Big business interests are mentioned and Bush is accused of being their buddy....so I don't suppose Democrats own any big businesses) like it the way it is. Good for business....all this cheap labor.

Bush has a plan here Busy. I feel a good one.

Guess you agree with all the 'Republican' Congressman that have tried to stop it?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Rose,

both your political parties are owned by big business, im at a loss as to how you see the Democrats as not being in their pockets.

Didnt see the Democrats sticking up for the little guy that much during their tenure.

There is merely a difference of degree.

I say again; "Send us your poor"..

You asked for 'em, now stop moaning about gettin' 'em...

Last edited by Rat Faced; 09-15-2005 at 07:53 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Sorry, RF. I am not moaning about getting them. I am concerned about their welfare. Apparently Bush is too. Why are you trying to detract from this?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Sorry, RF. I am not moaning about getting them. I am concerned about their welfare. Apparently Bush is too. Why are you trying to detract from this?
    My fault.. the last two lines were aimed at BM, not you

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast