Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Talabani visits U.S. ...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    ...and speaks insincerely about warm feelings for, and appreciation of, the U.S. efforts in Iraq.

    The man was obviously lying, don't you think?
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    One man is not the people.

    He lies about everything else, been convicted of it in fact, so i wouldnt be surprised if he lied @ the Whitehouse too.

    However, as i havent seen the speech in question, i cant really say whether he looked sincere, i'll just have to take your word for it.

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    One man is not the people.

    He lies about everything else, been convicted of it in fact, so i wouldnt be surprised if he lied @ the Whitehouse too.

    However, as i havent seen the speech in question, i cant really say whether he looked sincere, i'll just have to take your word for it.
    Yes-I looked for Bush's right hand; it was nowhere in sight-methinks it was wearing an Iraqi puppet.

    BTW-what was Talabani convicted of, and who convicted him?
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Ah, my mistake... he was the Terrorist.

    1934: Born into a landowning family in Koy Sanjak in the Irbil Province.
    1947: Joins the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP).
    1951: Becomes member of the central committee of the KDP.
    1953: Starts studying law at Baghdad University.
    1954: Is elected Secretary General of the Kurdistan Students Union.
    1959: Obtains a law degree from Baghdad University, and starts practicing as lawyer.
    1961: Becomes head of the KDP Peshmerga ("Freedom fighters").
    1966: Leaves the KDP and founds an alternative KDP.
    1970: Rejoins the KDP. He moves to Beirut, later to Damascus, serving as KDP's envoy.
    1975: Founds the Kurdish Workers League.
    1976: Joins with the Social Democratic Movement and forms the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK).
    1980 With the start of the Iran-Iraq War Talabani joins forces with KDP in opposing the government in Baghdad.
    1987: Forms the iraqi Kurdistan Front together with KDP, under the protection of Iran. They establish small pockets of Kurdish areas liberated from Baghdad.
    1988: Iraq reconquers the liberated Kurdish areas. Talabani flees to Syria.
    1991 March: Central in starting a Kurdish uprising against the central government of Baghdad, which would lead to a flood of 1.5 million Kurdish refugees.
    1992 May: Elections in the Kurdish areas, under the protection of Western countries. Talabani became leader together with Masud Barzani of KDP.
    1994 May: The coalition breaks down, and PUK troops wage partisan war with KDP, resulting in more than 1,000 dead.
    1995: With a new stability coming to Kurdistan, Talabani finds himself controlling an area with about 2 million inhabitants. In order to find resources for the administration, he made advances towards the government in Teheran. KDP and Baghdad reacted, and forced KDP and PUK to cooperate.
    1996 August: New fighting between KDP and PUK. At one point Talabani had lost all his territory, but reconquered all but Irbil with the aid of Iran.
    2003: With the US initiative, Talabani agrees to cooperate with KDP against the regime of Saddam Hussein.
    — Talabani breaches his agreement with KDP, and has his forces take control over Kirkuk.
    2004: Forms the Democratic Patriotic Alliance of Kurdistan (DPAK) together with Barzani and KDP.
    2005 January 30: DPAK wins 104 of the 111 seats in Kurdish National Assembly and 75 seats of 275 in the transitional Iraqi National Assembly.
    2005 April 6: Is elected president of Iraq.
    Its the Deputy Prime Minister thats the fraudster...

    Talabani just changes sides all the time and doesnt seem to know what he believes in... or believes in what is good for him at any particular time.

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    He seems as (dis)honorable as any other candidate, then.

    However, he stood within an arm's-reach of Bush, and is thus his puppet.

    Obviously.

    Rat-

    In any case, had I not asked my question, he might have been left as you painted him, yes?
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    Indeed.

    I would have continued to consider him merely dishonest.. my thanks

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    The use of the word 'right hand' is reminding me of something.

    I am remembering all the requests for help, before 9/11 even, by all the Iraqi people to our government. A lot of these people had been severely dismembered by Saddam and his regime. Limbs missing, both hands chopped off for no known reason sometimes. Horrible tortures and deaths. Many people made their way to the States, and are here now. Much pressure from the Iraqi's on our government to rid Iraq of Saddam and his regime.

    Where are these people now? Why is their voice not being heard? Have they changed their minds and don't want democracy now?
    Last edited by Everose; 09-15-2005 at 12:46 AM.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    The use of the word 'right hand' is reminding me of something.

    I am remembering all the requests for help, before 9/11 even, by all the Iraqi people to our government. A lot of these people had been severely dismembered by Saddam and his regime. Limbs missing, both hands chopped off for no known reason sometimes. Horrible tortures and deaths. Many people made their way to the States, and are here now. Much pressure from the Iraqi's on our government to rid Iraq of Saddam and his regime.

    Where are these people now? Why is their voice not being heard? Have they changed their minds and don't want democracy now?
    Once they come to the States, they lose all standing in their native country, as far as I'm concerned.

    Same with the Jews.

    Let the U.N. handle that stuff-they're good at that sort of thing.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    ...and speaks insincerely about warm feelings for, and appreciation of, the U.S. efforts in Iraq.

    The man was obviously lying, don't you think?
    I saw him and some guy that looked like a (Iraqi?) general recently while doing some phone work Iwontmentionwhere. The general's uniform was a khacki greenish color.

    A fella that worked in Iwontmentionwhere was telling me he was in line 'cause the first two Iraqi's were killed. Is that true?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    The use of the word 'right hand' is reminding me of something.

    I am remembering all the requests for help, before 9/11 even, by all the Iraqi people to our government. A lot of these people had been severely dismembered by Saddam and his regime. Limbs missing, both hands chopped off for no known reason sometimes. Horrible tortures and deaths. Many people made their way to the States, and are here now. Much pressure from the Iraqi's on our government to rid Iraq of Saddam and his regime.

    Where are these people now? Why is their voice not being heard? Have they changed their minds and don't want democracy now?
    Once they come to the States, they lose all standing in their native country, as far as I'm concerned.

    Common sense tells me that is not true. My brother-in-law is Norwegian and maintains close contact with friends and family in Norway. So you are wrong there. Damnit that was fun to say! More like they are still speaking out but no one is listening. And to that I would have to ask why not? What have I missed here? I don't like it when I feel I am only getting a one sided view of things. Makes me suspicious, uncomfortable....like there is something there under the surface of things I am missing.

    Same with the Jews. You know, I have been giving this a lot of thought since you posted about that woman, I can't remember her name. What was her name? Since you posted her recommendations and speech to the UN. That struck me. Why would someone have to do this..? Why were there not immediate denials from the UN about this? I would have never heard about it had you not posted it on here. What is up with that? By golly, if my country was treating people this way, .... .... well, that fact would have been in my face day in, day out. I live right smack dab in the center of the conservative Bible belt (and I might mention, if anyone cares, that is a whole different experience than you read about in the press ). You would have thought that article would have been paraded all over the press here. I had to read it on here.

    Let the U.N. handle that stuff-they're good at that sort of thing.
    Not so sure about that now. Would like to be rid of this helping other country's peoples and start concentrating more on helping ourselves. Feel kind of selfish thinking that way. I really do. All the tax money spent on helping these Iraqi people achieve democracy could have been put to use here. How can we justify the loss of our lives, too, and other country's lives? I don't want to sound heartless, but I will have to say that at least with democracy, maybe in the long run the Iraqi's will have hope of the end of all the killing. They didn't have that hope with Saddam. Guess I am just becoming a selfish American. Have to say I wish I trusted the UN more. It should be their job, shouldn't it? But if I am remembering right, they don't even have enough juevos to enforce their own sanctions do they? Didn't Saddam basically laugh at them? Well, I would like a stronger UN, one everyone feels they could trust, I guess. I am starting to think that is impossible, though.
    Last edited by Everose; 09-15-2005 at 05:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •