Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Syria Is Next!

Originally posted by MagicNakor@18 April 2003 - 16:32
    However, (potential government quote here), "Protect your children from kidnappers. Don't you love your children?"
    Considering I don't have children, and I never will, I guess I don't love my children. And as cold and unfeeling as it may sound, I don't particularly care for others' children, either. My dog has a collar. My cat runs around naked. No microchips or tatooing there.

You will not be able to buy, sell, travel or access your bank account without the chip when it gets to that point.

Right now you just about can't do those things without a social security number. But a SSN can be easily used by someone else.
    I've never had a problem doing any of those. Never had to give my SIN for anything. I know people who don't have SINs, and they frequently do all of that.

Thats just comical since the only doccumentation required to recieve a drivers license is your SSN and Birth Certificate.
    Nope. Didn't need a SIN to get my license. Just a birth certificate.

Hell, where I live, you can pump your gas before paying for it. If you were so inclined, you could drive off with a full tank and not pay a cent. The lone manager's usually watching TV inside the little store there. I've been told this is unheard of in most places. I always thought it was normal.

We're talking near future here.

That you don't have or care much for children is neither here nor there.
    Children are the most likely first target because parents are usually much more willing to give up the freedoms of their children in return for safety, than they are to give up their own freedoms at any cost.

Aside from that, what city do you live in?

I see a potential retirement place.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@18 April 2003 - 13:20
    Receiving a microchip at birth...It will solve all government control problems, and (believe it or not), it will rob most us of much fewer freedoms than the alternative police state that could be required.
    There's no reason to believe that identity theft woulnd't exist in a world of implanted chips. Despite increased security measures in the past decade or so, ID theft is at an all-time high. Can anyone name me a single security measure or device that hasn't eventually been cracked? What's stopping someone from replacing the original chip with a different one, or configuring the one they have? I thought this board was populated by sci fi fans, how can you such faith in technology with books like necromancer around?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by myfiles3000+18 April 2003 - 17:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (myfiles3000 @ 18 April 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ne1GotZardoz@18 April 2003 - 13:20
    Receiving a microchip at birth...It will solve all government control problems, and (believe it or not), it will rob most us of much fewer freedoms than the alternative police state that could be required.
    There&#39;s no reason to believe that identity theft woulnd&#39;t exist in a world of implanted chips. Despite increased security measures in the past decade or so, ID theft is at an all-time high. Can anyone name me a single security measure or device that hasn&#39;t eventually been cracked? What&#39;s stopping someone from replacing the original chip with a different one, or configuring the one they have? I thought this board was populated by sci fi fans, how can you such faith in technology with books like necromancer around? [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;ll get no argument from me on that.

Part of me wishes it was feasable to do it though.

But another part of me realizes that there would be human beings in the background, controlling the software.

Human beings who most likely feel underpaid, or have political affiliations.

Human beings who can be controlled.

Hmmm...Maybe we need to give computers, control over our lives.

Yeah...Thats the ticket.

No way that can go awry.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+19 April 2003 - 02:04--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 19 April 2003 - 02:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -myfiles3000@18 April 2003 - 17:58
    <!--QuoteBegin--ne1GotZardoz
    @18 April 2003 - 13:20

There&#39;s no reason to believe that identity theft woulnd&#39;t exist in a world of implanted chips. Despite increased security measures in the past decade or so, ID theft is at an all-time high. Can anyone name me a single security measure or device that hasn&#39;t eventually been cracked? What&#39;s stopping someone from replacing the original chip with a different one, or configuring the one they have? I thought this board was populated by sci fi fans, how can you such faith in technology with books like necromancer around?
    You&#39;ll get no argument from me on that.

Part of me wishes it was feasable to do it though.

But another part of me realizes that there would be human beings in the background, controlling the software.

Human beings who most likely feel underpaid, or have political affiliations.

Human beings who can be controlled.

Hmmm...Maybe we need to give computers, control over our lives.

Yeah...Thats the ticket.

No way that can go awry. [/b][/quote]
    I thought we already had &#33;

Not sure what it&#39;s like in the States,but here in the UK you can see the blind panic setting in with shop/pub/petrol station attendants if their electronic tills stop working.

There are some who can&#39;t even total 2 items without assistance,but I don&#39;t necessarily blame them.

I guess the inadequate school curriculum,plus the demand for cheap labour forces them into a corner.

Of course that nice Mr Gates came up with a solution to all our problems once.

He called it windoze ME

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz@18 April 2003 - 23:46
    ...Aside from that, what city do you live in?

I see a potential retirement place.
    It&#39;s not a retirement place.

However, it&#39;s not in America.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    The Implants in Question are already being tested.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    If the us keeps going after countries with waepons of mass detruction why dont they tell isreal to DISARM too.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    They Should tell all countries to disarm&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Originally posted by KILLa 2k3@20 April 2003 - 14:37
    If the us keeps going after countries with waepons of mass detruction why dont they tell isreal to DISARM too.
    Well...Lets take a look at that...Why would the US go after Saddam and not Israel?

What possible difference could there be between a country that was intent on conquering other countries, and had in fact used WMD in previous wars and against its own people, recently...and a country who is only interested in not losing it&#39;s own land to its neighbors.

How about you for example...If you had two people in your neighborhood...one who had poisoned all the neighbors&#39; pets with rat poison, and even tried to kick one guy off of his own property...and another who was in a dispute about who&#39;s property a fence was on, oh, and he has a box of rat poison too but has never used it for anything other than rats...Which would you be calling the police on?

Peace

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by ne1GotZardoz+20 April 2003 - 21:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ne1GotZardoz @ 20 April 2003 - 21:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--KILLa 2k3@20 April 2003 - 14:37
    Well...Lets take a look at that...Why would the US go after Saddam and not Israel?

What possible difference could there be between a country that was intent on conquering other countries, and had in fact used WMD in previous wars and against its own people, recently...and a country who is only interested in not losing it&#39;s own land to its neighbors.

How about you for example...If you had two people in your neighborhood...one who had poisoned all the neighbors&#39; pets with rat poison, and even tried to kick one guy off of his own property...and another who was in a dispute about who&#39;s property a fence was on, oh, and he has a box of rat poison too but has never used it for anything other than rats...Which would you be calling the police on?

Peace [/b][/quote]
    NE1, do you believe that Israel has committed war crimes in the past 50 years?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast